Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
If Cris “Cyborg” Justino gets her way, she will get into the Octagon with Ronda Rousey at a proposed UFC event to take place at the home of the Dallas Cowboys later this year. That’s the story UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz relayed Friday while appearing on AXS TV’s “Inside the MMA.”

“I’ve heard from Cris actually that the fight that’s supposed to be happening at the Cowboy’s arena… they offered the fight to Cris,” he said.

Ortiz said UFC President Dana White is leading the charge, but with one caveat — that Cyborg, the current Invicta FC women’s featherweight champion, come down to bantamweight at 135 pounds.

[Cyborg offers to drop to 140 pounds to fight Rousey, five pounds shy of what Rousey says is acceptable]

Although Cyborg’s contended — even as recently as Wednesday — that Rousey should come up in weight to fight her, Ortiz says Cyborg has agreed to drop the weight.

“I know her management said yes and I’ve told her, ‘Let’s do it,’ ” he said. “So I guess the ball’s all in Ronda’s corner and Ronda wants to do it. Dana said if Cris came down to 135 they’ll make the fight happen, so let’s see if Ronda accepts the fight.”

As it stands now, Rousey’s next opponent is said to be Miesha Tate, who she’s fought and beat twice already. UFC Chairman Lorenzo Fertitta told the Los Angeles Times last week that he wants to couple that pairing on a card that would also feature Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo at a December event to occur at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

While that event, should it go forth, is expected to shatter pay-per-view records already, replacing Tate with Cyborg would send fight fans into a frenzy.

--------------------------------------------

Interesting...this weight thing seems like it has taken hold in this modern era like no other.
Science has shown what weight really matter unlike in yesteryears fighters.

I think half way is the better place to meet. Not even for a belt or some shit.
YOu the champ where you are and I am the champ where I am so lets meet in the middle.
THen we got this A-side talk...ROnda the A-side against a known PED user.

But seriously about the PED use.
A test needs to be done pre-fight and post fight.
Pre-fight like the test completed and confirmed before they get in the ring.
Post fight like right there in the fucking ring/octagon.
NO wiggle room if we serious about this shit...
Or else...let them take whatever super human shit they want...
I couldn't give a fuck to tell you the truth.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
that shit aint happening this year, im already looking forward to Rousey-Tate 3. From a fans POV I love the double header with Rousey/Tate and Aldo/McGregor. But from a business perspective idk why you would put Ronda on an undercard when she just did a mil against a no name. Not even Floyd and Manny are doing a mil against no names these days. Rondas fight against Zingano sold more than Manny did against Rios and Algi. Her fight against Correia did more than Floyd against Guerrero, Maidana 2x, and soon to be Berto. Pairing her with what's already going to be by far the biggest UFC PPV ever is dumb. But im not complaining. :-)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
I hope this fight happens just so I can see Ronda whoop that roided up freak.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Dana White already said Tito Ortiz is lying about the fight being offered for this year. it'll happen next year as a summer blockbuster, assuming Cyborg can keep working her way towards 135. Her next fight should be at 140 late this year.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I dont even care for the Cyborg fight, these guys are trying to dry Cyborg out by making her fight at 135. They should do a catchweight at bare minimum. 138 or 139. Rousey can go up a few fucking pounds, she's in her prime, Cyborg is past hers, why make her drop weight like 9 pounds?? You're that nice and you're beating girls in no time flat, so just concede a bit of weight and give it! You're getting the bigger money anyway, and all the attention, what's 3 or 4 pounds?

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests
Austin: Spence-Thurman
Ice: Charlo-Canelo

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:14 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont even care for the Cyborg fight, these guys are trying to dry Cyborg out by making her fight at 135. They should do a catchweight at bare minimum. 138 or 139. Rousey can go up a few fucking pounds, she's in her prime, Cyborg is past hers, why make her drop weight like 9 pounds?? You're that nice and you're beating girls in no time flat, so just concede a bit of weight and give it! You're getting the bigger money anyway, and all the attention, what's 3 or 4 pounds?

Cause Ronda aint chasing that fight Cyborg is. She wants it tan she makes weight. Same as GGG for Ward.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Cause Ronda aint chasing that fight Cyborg is. She wants it tan she makes weight. Same as GGG for Ward.

It doesn't matter who is chasing it here! Physically it's stupid!

Look at GGG vs ward. GGG wants a guy who hasn't fought below 168 in like 10 years to move down.

Ronda wants Cyborg who has never fought at 135 to shrink down 10 fucking pounds! It's not even the same parallel, physically, it's worse! You want the older and more shop worn of the two fighters to drop down 10 pounds? Think about that for a second.

Waste of time fight if it's not at a proper weight.

And Rousey wants it just as much, as she wants to prove that she's the best. I think it's a bitch move to force her down to 135. Midway. Shit, Rousey is A side, so do 138, but the full 10 pounds? Miss me with that, broski.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:30 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It doesn't matter who is chasing it here! Physically it's stupid!

Look at GGG vs ward. GGG wants a guy who hasn't fought below 168 in like 10 years to move down.

Ronda wants Cyborg who has never fought at 135 to shrink down 10 fucking pounds! It's not even the same parallel, physically, it's worse! You want the older and more shop worn of the two fighters to drop down 10 pounds? Think about that for a second.

Waste of time fight if it's not at a proper weight.

And Rousey wants it just as much, as she wants to prove that she's the best. I think it's a bitch move to force her down to 135. Midway. Shit, Rousey is A side, so do 138, but the full 10 pounds? Miss me with that, broski.

Ronda dont need her to prove she is the best. That is established already. She aint chasing Cyborg. She dont need her. I could care less if they ever fought.But if they did it be a treat to watch that bitch get arm broken.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:35 am 

Cash on hand:

I get what Jermz is saying and agree. A catchweight fight at 138-140 wont have any effect on Ronda's performance at all. That said, fuck Cyborg. Everyone in the fight game history has played the A side card when available. On top of that, Cyborg is a known cheater. If Ronda doesn't want to cater in any way to a known cheater, that's fine with me. She's A side and Cyborg cheating ass cant be trusted. So that's what it is. I know no one here would blast Floyd if he wasn't budging an inch for a clear B side known cheater. If anything, this is karma. Cyborg cheated her way to the top with unfair PED advantages. Probably scored her biggest win over Gina while being juiced up, and that loss pretty much retired Gina who had a great thing going. So now Cyborg has to have an unfair disadvantage here.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am 

Cash on hand:

Cyborg isnt a cheater, shes just Brazilian lol seriously those mothafuckas juice all day, anyway they know Cyborg is risky why risk the cash cow?? Rousey is the biggest deal in UFC right now. They dont want her taking Ls anytime soon.

But as a fan she has no opponents, were getting ready to watch Tate 3 lol thats a dam joke. I hope miesha brings it and does better, but its a joke, they need Cyborg as well

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

truth is rousey should have this fight at 140! shes in her prime physically,while cyborg isnt!
fuck all that bullshit.... she wanna dry her out and make her sweat down so she can humiliate her like she does to everyone else.she knows if she fought cyborg even now while shes past it between 140-45 it would be a real fight and rousey not gonna do that cuz shes afraid to lose.
rousey would be fine at 140 or 45! she would be the same bad bitch we always have seen.

problem is cyborg would be to :lol: bitch is a known cheater so rousey aint gonna take the chance i dont blame her.shes in a position of power,shes the golden goose,so why risk it for a piece of shit like cyborg? but truth be told if rousey had any decency she would just move on if shes not gonna have this fight at 140.everyone would know cyborg was a ghost by fight night if this happens at 135.
same way ward made dawson come down to 168 when he hadnt fought at that weight for like 8 yrs :lol: same way if floyd fought ggg at 154 man it would be pointless.

when fighters sweat down like that against other great fighters its always a 1 sided demolition and history shows thats how it goes 100% of the time.manny-oscar,ward-dawson,roy-tarver,this would be no different.cyborg doing it for the money.... if rousey really believed in herself she would fight this bitch at 140 but she aint gonna take that chance.sad thing is i think rousey would beat her regardless of weight....140-145 rousey would only be stronger and shed less weight herself!

but shes scared and doesnt wanna give cyborg any chance,even if its a really slim 1 so she wont.

RIP KAOS AND BRANDON! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN LOVE U GUYS...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ESPN BOARD,BHO,AND TO KAOS FOR RISKING HIS LIFE EVERY DAY ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK MAKING OUR CITY SAFER! U WILL BE SORELY MISSED

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:01 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Moe still talking dumb even on MMA threads lol.

1. Ronda ain't scared.
2. Ward did NOT make Dawson come down. It was Dawson who wanted to do it.
3. Cyborg has zero shot at winning.
4. Ronda had decency. She would be giving Cyborg a career high payday if she fought her at any weight.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Moe still talking dumb even on MMA threads lol.

1. Ronda ain't scared.
2. Ward did NOT make Dawson come down. It was Dawson who wanted to do it.
3. Cyborg has zero shot at winning.
4. Ronda had decency. She would be giving Cyborg a career high payday if she fought her at any weight.

Ok, Fair. But let me give you a history lesson on #2.

Dawson offered that to Ward, this is true. But Cyborg never came out offering 135. In fact that've been fighting for the catchweight! Ronda and them were the ones who first said 135 or no fight, which has led to Cyborg giving in. Meaning, yes, they are trying to win on the scales long before they get in the ring. Which is ridiculous given that Ronda is in her prime, and all the talk and truth behind her ability to throw around people of weight well over 145 pounds.

They are using Ronda's A side to make the fight at a weight that makes the fight favor Ronda far more than it would at a more comfortable weight for Cris. If Cyborg was Ronda's age, I could excuse it, but I can't when Cyborg is old, shop warn, and has never fought at that weight. To put it in perspective, that would be like Floyd demanding Andre Ward come down to 154 for a fight...if their ages were more or less flipped, with Ward being 38-39 and Floyd being 32. We'd shit all over that. Therefore I am shitting all over this! And I'll throw in that bringing up the steroid thing, and saying that if Cris is clean now, she should be able to drop 10 pounds...is overwhelmingly stupid logic (and I've heard all of those fools use it), because it assumes that steroids = weight gain, and it isn't always the case.

Truth, I'd like Ronda to just go all the way up to 145, because I am 99% sure she could fuck Cyborg up regardless of the weight. It's not like Cyborg has never been beaten by woman before, she's been destructed. Ronda would fuck her up. So fuck Cyborg up at a more comfortable weight!

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Jermz, Ronda and Cyborg are less than 2 years apart in age. lol.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Also, while I tend to agree with it, it is rather presumptuous to say that Ronda can just easily move up in weight and be the same beast she is at 135. She's basically fought her entire career at 135 and she is obviously a beast there. To just say ''oh move up and cater to this known cheater'', man get the fuck outta here. What person in the history of fighting has been a dominant A side fighter at one weight and gotten criticized for not catering to a known PED user who is naturally bigger?? Asinine. Both are the same age and same height pretty much. If Ronda works to make that weight then so can Cyborg.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Jermz, Ronda and Cyborg are less than 2 years apart in age. lol.

They are, but Cyborg has done more fighting. She's more shop worn.

As for Ronda moving up. History in combat sports as a whole has demonstrated that it's far easier to move up than it is to move down, especially when you've never fought at that lower weight before.

But you are buying into the same assinine shit about PED use. Ya she used PED's, so what. That doesn't mean that without them she should be able to shed 10 pounds. That's an over simplification of how some PED's work. Same age (in general) same height dont mean squat. Not everyone's body is the same. Cyborg been comfortably fighting at 145. If 135 was her comfort zone she would have moved down a long time ago and threw her power at smaller women. And Ronda has been higher than 135 before anyway! So obviously the overall sensible place for this...IS not 135.

In the end, 145 and 135. They should meet at 140. Heck, 139, 138 since Ronda is Aside. Make Cyborg go all the way down to 135???? I will blatantly not watch the fight if that's the case. Yall can write about it on here and I'll read about it sunday morning when I'm nursing a hangover.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:41 pm 

Cash on hand:

this is some fucking bullshit man! ronda is my bitch i love her...but this is bullshit! she talking about fighting floyd u think he would come down to 145 :lol:? if floyd chose to fight in the octagon(he wouldnt)we all know that shit gonna be at 147 and she would agree to that just cuz of the money alone :lol: but for cyborg it has to be 135 cuz shes the a-side? cmon man get serious.RONDA ALWAYS TALKING ALL THIS SHIT THAT SHE FLIPS AND THROWS AROUND 200 PD GUYS WHEN SHE PRACTICES,HOW SHE DOES THIS,HOW SHE DOES THAT :lol:

but u cant make an exception 1 time for the biggest female fight in ufc ever can have?
shes always saying that shes the best,blah,blah blah.cyborg is fucking shopworn man shes a shell of wat she was seriously! if ronda cant beat her now at 145 in her prime than truth be told she aint wat we think she is period :lol: cyborg been doing this a lot longer than ronda dont let that 2 yrs fool u :lol: floyd is fucking 2 or 3 yrs older than pac too but who's better off today?
exactly! floyd hasnt taken any real punishment compared to guys who have fought 8 yrs instead of floyds 19 yrs...

bottomline is ronda looks like a pussy spoiled brat period.where is ur pride? u making a old shopworn lady sweat down 10 pds knowing shes probably not gonna beat u anyway.but at 145 she has a small chance,just maybe u might feel her punches moreso than u ever have felt anyone else's so in that regard ronda is scared :lol: floyd was a man,he fought cotto and canelo at 154!
when he fought pac he didnt make him move up to 154 cuz that would have benefitted floyd and hes the a-side!

at 145 ronda could just take cyborg down and beat that ass period! if she cant take her punches at that weight she can always fall back on the takedown game :lol: ronda looks scared for no reason imo cuz nobody believes cyborg would beat her at 145 regardless

RIP KAOS AND BRANDON! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN LOVE U GUYS...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ESPN BOARD,BHO,AND TO KAOS FOR RISKING HIS LIFE EVERY DAY ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK MAKING OUR CITY SAFER! U WILL BE SORELY MISSED

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Look you dumb fucks (Mainly Moe, but you listen up too Jermz), Cyborg isn't shopworn or old or anything. She's won 3 of her past 4 fights in one rd, and has less than 30 fights in her fighting career, most of them she blitzed through her comp Rousey style, probably while being juiced at that. So she isn't in some RJJ type of condition, she is still relatively young and destroying bitches. Secondly, if Cyborg took a whole bunch of fights at 145 while being juiced out the ass, and if Ronda wants to theorize that Cyborg can make 135 if she isn't juiced, then that is understandable. If Ronda wants to have a weight advantage as an insurance policy in case Cyborg goes into the fight juiced, then that is understandable too. That's what happens when you blatantly cheat. No benefit of the doubt and suspicious always. Cyborg was the face of womens MMA and disgraced the whole movement by being a cheating fuck. Now Ronda works her ass off to put the shit back on the map, made herself one of the 2 or 3 biggest fighters in all of fighting, male or female MMA or boxing, and she has built a comfort zone dominating at 135, but she supposed to bend for Cyborg?? You motherfuckers hitting that crack hard for real. Same dudes who for years been sitting at the TBE table on some ''Take the test'' cleaning up the sport shit, now when it comes to Cyborg/Rousey you dudes are like ''so what she cheated no big deal.'' :lol:

and Moe, if you say one more time that Floyd/Canelo took place at the full 154, I don't care what Jermz says, you're ass is gone. That shit was a catchweight and you cant keep lying to try and make something true. Even you're lover has played the A side card.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea you cant really be shopworn fighting other girls lol . Its not like their matches go particularly long, and have the power and skills to really damage one another. Still have never seen a punch drunk female fighter.

Anyway Cyborg was that chick before Ronda was, Cyborg kinda paved the way remember we all wanted Cyborg in the UFc back when Dana the pimp didnt believe in female fighting. She deserves a shot

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea you cant really be shopworn fighting other girls lol . Its not like their matches go particularly long, and have the power and skills to really damage one another. Still have never seen a punch drunk female fighter.

pretty much. :kopfpatsch: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:lol: Get that male chauvinist shit out of here. This isn't men fighting women, this is women fighting women. Of course they can get shop worn! Especially when their style is predicated on attrition, and not submissions 30 seconds into the match. Lol

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

Lol Rousey has like 8 submissions out of her 12 fights, most in the 1st or 2nd round. Jermz find me one, just 1 punch drunk ex female fighter!! Youll never see one, christy martin, lail ali, fresh as a daisy and just fine

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Icecold323 wrote:
Lol Rousey has like 8 submissions out of her 12 fights, most in the 1st or 2nd round. Jermz find me one, just 1 punch drunk ex female fighter!! Youll never see one, christy martin, lail ali, fresh as a daisy and just fine

That's my point, so she aint take any beatings. Rousey has 12 fights, 8 end quickly. Cyborg has 16 MMA fights, and a bunch of fights on other fighting circuits.

And spare me the "girls dont get hurt, name me one girl" theory. It's stupid, and you know it! Shit like that is cumulative. Training cycles causes a fighter to be shop worn, just like actually in ring damage. One fighter is well older than the 2 year age difference, and that is quite clear. Lol

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Tests

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ronda is shop worn because of all the training, movies, award shows, interviews, and various media and UFC affiliated obligations.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Look you dumb fucks (Mainly Moe, but you listen up too Jermz), Cyborg isn't shopworn or old or anything. She's won 3 of her past 4 fights in one rd, and has less than 30 fights in her fighting career, most of them she blitzed through her comp Rousey style, probably while being juiced at that. So she isn't in some RJJ type of condition, she is still relatively young and destroying bitches. Secondly, if Cyborg took a whole bunch of fights at 145 while being juiced out the ass, and if Ronda wants to theorize that Cyborg can make 135 if she isn't juiced, then that is understandable. If Ronda wants to have a weight advantage as an insurance policy in case Cyborg goes into the fight juiced, then that is understandable too. That's what happens when you blatantly cheat. No benefit of the doubt and suspicious always. Cyborg was the face of womens MMA and disgraced the whole movement by being a cheating fuck. Now Ronda works her ass off to put the shit back on the map, made herself one of the 2 or 3 biggest fighters in all of fighting, male or female MMA or boxing, and she has built a comfort zone dominating at 135, but she supposed to bend for Cyborg?? You motherfuckers hitting that crack hard for real. Same dudes who for years been sitting at the TBE table on some ''Take the test'' cleaning up the sport shit, now when it comes to Cyborg/Rousey you dudes are like ''so what she cheated no big deal.'' :lol:

and Moe, if you say one more time that Floyd/Canelo took place at the full 154, I don't care what Jermz says, you're ass is gone. That shit was a catchweight and you cant keep lying to try and make something true. Even you're lover has played the A side card.

CHECKMATE!!!

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Board index » General Sports Discussion