Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:37 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Austin_3:16 wrote:
It bothers me that the debate is always go down for Loma, or go up for Spence, like Bud fucking Crawford isn't sitting there in the middle better than everybody in the conversation.

this is a bit confusing. Bud is a WW like Spencer and Loma and Mikey are both LWs. Loma and Spencer are more intriguing than Bud in this situation.

Despite the Horn fight, I still think of Bud as a 140 pounder, I guess. He's certainly closer to Mikey's size than Spencer still.

But that's what I'm talking about. Why is Spencer more intriguing than Bud?

Honestly idk why. Maybe the overzealous hype from people like Jermz and E90 who act like Spencer is gods gift to boxing.

What a cheap, unworthy reply.

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:01 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
yea you right. not even gonna debate that. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It bothers me that the debate is always go down for Loma, or go up for Spence, like Bud fucking Crawford isn't sitting there in the middle better than everybody in the conversation.

Are you sure he's better?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Aye. I see no evidence to put him above either. Loma to me is p4p #1 at the moment.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. I see no evidence to put him above either. Loma to me is p4p #1 at the moment.

Crawford has underwhelmed me on more than one occasion.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

truth be told, Lomas resume is better than TC and Spencer combined. Thats astounding.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

truth be told, Lomas resume is better than TC and Spencer combined. Thats astounding.

That's pretty much true. Beating Russell, Walters, Rigondeaux, and Linares.

That's pretty great.

Look at it this way, with just using Rigo as an example.

Nobody could really get to Rigo for the most part and seemed to most to be unbeatable around his weight class, yet, Loma made him so frustrated that he quit. That's how good Loma is.

What has Russell done since he got clowned by Loma?

He's dominated every other opponent.

Walters isn't even fighting anymore--that's how bad Loma beat him.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Crawford has underwhelmed me on more than one occasion.

Crawford never looked as bad as Lomachenko did against Marriaga. Since then Loma has knocked out a 37-year-old Rigondeaux (there's no such thing as a great 37-year-old super featherweight) and Linares, after fighting him even(!) through nine rounds. He's looked great once in his last three fights, but it was against the 37-year-old.

Lomachenko is obviously great, and I would agree with Anis that his resume is better than Crawford, but I don't think he's looked better than Crawford recently*, and I think Crawford's length would be a nightmare for Loma straight up in a fight. I think Crawford is a better fighter than Lomachenko. I'd rank him as such, and I'd pick him if they ever fought.

*One could make the argument that Lomachenko is facing tougher competition, so it's harder to look as good as Crawford. I don't think that totally applies here when Lomachenko looked his worst against Marriaga, the worst fighter Loma and/or Crawford have fought recently. Maybe Loma took him lightly. Who knows? But it wasn't because he was facing a higher degree of difficulty. When it comes to Linares, perhaps it's because he's better than Crawford's recent competition. Either way, I think we can all agree, while Linares rehabbed his career into super solid, he isn't anything special, and a supposed P4P #1 fighter should have beaten him easier than Lomachenko did.

Minus the Rigo destruction, which considering Rigo's age needs that context reminder, I haven't been super impressed with Lomachenko since the Walters beatdown almost two years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

everyone had Rigo top 5 or so P4P prior to Loma. maybe falsely and im sure you didn't, but its true.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

everyone had Rigo top 5 or so P4P prior to Loma. maybe falsely and im sure you didn't, but its true.

I will not take other people's stupidity into account.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

I will not take other people's stupidity into account.

true, fair enough. i always thought he was a bit overrated myself. not neccessarily cause of his age. I gave him no shot vs Loma.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

WTF are u guys talking about on here? Mikey can do Watever the fuk he wants.....He's Mexican,he's highly skilled,and hes top 5 p4p imo!! He can fight broner at 140 and win....Than beat Easter at 135! And Spence would fight him this December he already said it

At the end of the day Mikey would be the best opponent that Spence ever fought and beat if the fight Happens! And Mikey would probably bring him his highest payday....Mikey probably loses cuz of size,but he doesn't have to wait in line for anything

His name brings more money to the table than anyone else Spence could fight aside from maybe Danny and Thurman! And FTR if Mikey fights Danny swift or wwe porter he WINS....He outboxes and outhustles them easily like he did to Easter and broner

RIP KAOS AND BRANDON! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN LOVE U GUYS...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ESPN BOARD,BHO,AND TO KAOS FOR RISKING HIS LIFE EVERY DAY ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK MAKING OUR CITY SAFER! U WILL BE SORELY MISSED

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dam Gruber u serious? U know I love u and dbo to death and have all the RESPECT for both of u....U guys have always been bho royalty to me! But I think mentioning Rigos age is some BULLSHIT and it's bush league

Listen man nobody mentioned Rigos age before he stepped in the ring with Loma....And until someone else beats rigo that's some BULLSHIT that I don't wanna hear! Linares has been in and out of the top ten p4p for YRS and Loma dominated him

Linares got 3 RDS Against Loma,and he only got the KD cuz physically he was the much bigger man! Age had nothing to do with why rigo lost to Loma.....Rigos a great fighter, Loma is just that much better

Loma and Crawford are clearly the 2 best fighters in Boxing RN! Anyone saying anything else is talking tomfoolery....Skillwise and talentwise there in a whole different league than anyone else in boxing RN! Spence relies on power and body punching

He's nowhere near as technically skilled like bud or Loma....Footwork and diversity nowhere near them
Loma would only lose to guys like Mikey and bud cuz of size that's it....Same reason why bud and Mikey would lose to Spence and thurman

A GREAT BIGGER GUY ALWAYS BEATS THE GREAT SMALLER GUY!! unless ur FLOYD or PAC that's usually how it goes

Doesn't mean bud is better than Loma or that Spence is better than Mikey,Loma,or bud.....He's just naturally bigger and more powerful! Technique wise bud and Loma are in a different league

It's levels to this shit and there alot better than anyone else in boxing today

RIP KAOS AND BRANDON! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN LOVE U GUYS...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ESPN BOARD,BHO,AND TO KAOS FOR RISKING HIS LIFE EVERY DAY ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK MAKING OUR CITY SAFER! U WILL BE SORELY MISSED

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

i do agree that any version or age of Loma beats any version or age of Rigo, most likely in the same fashion he did. Rigos real issue is that he was really good but not this top p4p guy people made him out to be.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:42 am 

Cash on hand:

Rigo is top notch but he is old and small for Loma.

I personally have never seen Loma look bad. I was at the Marriaga fight and he just toyed with him a bit too much for most liking. But he thoroughly dominated and stopped him.

He ain’t been 12 in a while. I have come to love what Crawford brings to the ring as wel now, but Horn really made him look good and while he has faced some good guys he has faced none as good as Rigo, Walters, or Linares and probably Russel too. Gamboa was good but outsized.

I got Crawford right behind Loma. And I agree he should be mentioned more but people are in the crowning business and they have crowned Spence but also it’s because Mikey has said Spence name many times and him and Loma have interacted as well.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:50 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

moemoney253 wrote:
Dam Gruber u serious? U know I love u and dbo to death and have all the RESPECT for both of u....U guys have always been bho royalty to me! But I think mentioning Rigos age is some BULLSHIT and it's bush league

Listen man nobody mentioned Rigos age before he stepped in the ring with Loma....And until someone else beats rigo that's some BULLSHIT that I don't wanna hear!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3638&start=75

I'm glad the edit function is limited because that would totally look like I just did that tonight since I said the exact same thing earlier, but it's just a simple truth that I learned long ago, and have repeated many times. When you get to fighters that small especially, where they age at a greater rate. Look, it's not that I'm saying a 34-year-old Rigo would have schooled Lomachenko, I just knew for a fact that a 37-year-old Rigondeaux would not, and as it turned out, was not the same fighter (because no fighter that size/age ever was), and the victory should be treated as such. It's not Lomachenko's fault, it's just when they happened to fight, so you rate it accordingly.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yes he has

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Gamboa fight??

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:37 am 

Cash on hand:

At the end of the day man dudes is Talking out there gums....None of these things apply to rigo! Until he loses to someone else man I don't wanna hear dick about his age or that small guys burn out faster

Grubs and u guys talking some BULLSHIT....Fact of the matter is Loma beat a grown man that was 2 time gold medalist and made him quit that's it! Destroyed Russell who's destroyed Everyone he's fought since Loma tapped his ass :hearty-laugh:

And he dominated Linares who was the bigger man at 135....Linares won 3 RDS at best before Loma finished him off! And Linares is a guy who has top 10 p4p talent.beat the shit out of Martinez at msg( I was there) the same guy who beat salido twice

And he dominated this guy marriaga so idk Wtf Gruber is Talking about :hearty-laugh:
At the end of the day lomas resume is just far superior to anyone elses In boxing RN that's just wat it is

TC is great and has a great resume also
... Postol,horn,Prescott,gamboa is probably his best win,but don't forget he had tc badly hurt at one point!! Bumass indongo with the glass jaw....
Tc gonna get that ass tapped at ww anyway

He's to small to stand any chance against Thurman or Spence....He problem beats Danny,and maybe Mikey! Crawford has great ability,but these dudes ain't Floyd and PAC....Mikey and TC skill ain't good enough for them to overcome the size disadvantage they would face against Thurman and Spence

Ya saw wat Thurman did to Danny right? That shit was easy work....Easy 8 or 9 rds for thurman that fight being a SD was some Straight up bullshit.everyone here knows Thurman Clearly tapped Danny's ass :hearty-laugh:

And Spence went to the UK and did the same to Brook
...Tc and Mikey these dudes ain't built Ford tough like that to go 12 with Thurman and Spence they to little

Board index » General Boxing Chat