Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
i wanna know what is it we are asking of Charlo that is so ground breaking, earth shattering, and historic, and apparently has never been done.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
i wanna know what is it we are asking of Charlo that is so ground breaking, earth shattering, and historic, and apparently has never been done.

Then Ill state it for a third time. He just became a titlist at MW. Virtually no fighter who picks up his first title at a weight class...fights a top 5 guy immediately in his first defense. It simply doesn't happen. EVER, It's not rocket science.

I want him to fight Jacobs too, and next. And I will be disappointed when he doesn't. But I acknowledge what it is, something that is almost never done.

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

you's jokes. :hearty-laugh:

this is why i say titles are meaningless, cause people just use them for convenience in aiding their BS. What, the fact that it was a title fight somehow made that bum a tougher opponent?? :hearty-laugh: .....you are saying that a boxer NEVER fought a legit fight after winning a belt?? wtf?? are you sure you wanna stick with that?? not that it fucking matters anyway. Whens the last time Charlo fought a decent opponent, bs title or no bs title. its time. especially in his case with his social media videos indicating he'd fuck up the world and everyone in it.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Here we go, I honestly dont care if you say the titles are meaningless, you dont have one. It's obviously not meaningless to them if they win the shit and then cry in the ring and call themselves champ, and then want to go to their home area parading the belt and get attention and recognition for it.

Re read what I said, and instead of evading the point, give me examples to the contrary. I say almost never does a fighter after winning his first title at a weight class immediately fight a top fighter. It simply doesnt happen. Floyd has. Hopkins has. Mosley has. Roy did once. Cotto hasnt. Oscar hasnt. Pacquiao is on the fringe. Bradley nope. DSG didnt. Neither did Thurman. Neither did Spence. Smaller Charlo nope. Judah nope. Neither did Golovkin. Winky Wright, Canelo Alvarez, the list goes on.

He should fight a legit fight if he doesnt take Jacobs next. But yall need to submit to the fact that...this is simply what a high percentage of even great fighters have done in the past, take a fight lighter than an elite matchup. So that shit is probably coming right now.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

He's a bitch if he doesnt at least atfempt to fight Jacobs next. Fact.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Charlo scared to touch an M. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dawg, you should really drop that, because it has been done MANY times. And dont ever mention the gangster that is Miguel cotto, who aint never been scared, with a fuckboy like Charlo.

Cotto has done it several times in his career. Cotto won a belt, and then fought Clottey and Pacqauio. Beat the asian dude for a belt, then fought Ali, beat Pinto for a belt, then fough Randall KO bailey, along with several other examples. Charlos toughest fight is who, Trout? Cotto fought an undefetaed Trout coming off an L.

Its embarassing how many world champs Cotto fought by the time he had 30 fights, compared to CHarlo.

I wont say belts are meaningless, but it has become laughable how easily attained they can be. The WBC is a joke, Canelo dont even fuck with them and hes from Mexico. Like I said, I feel it matters who you beat for the belt.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

I'll revise, because Ice put it perfectly. Belts as a whole arent meaningless, but they sure as hell are rendered meaningless far to often. Charlos belt is meaningless. he can render it meaningful by actually having a meaningful fight. Winning it vs a bum, then defending vs a bum, would make it even more meaningless. No matter how you try to spin some historical context, Charlo needs a meaningful opponent, and should be ripped if he willingly goes the bum route.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Dawg, you should really drop that, because it has been done MANY times. And dont ever mention the gangster that is Miguel cotto, who aint never been scared, with a fuckboy like Charlo.

Cotto has done it several times in his career. Cotto won a belt, and then fought Clottey and Pacqauio. Beat the asian dude for a belt, then fought Ali, beat Pinto for a belt, then fough Randall KO bailey, along with several other examples. Charlos toughest fight is who, Trout? Cotto fought an undefetaed Trout coming off an L.

Ill give you Clottey barely. But not the rest. Point still holds man. And you're embellishing too much on Cotto if you wanna talk about his first 27 fights. He was around the same position as Charlo is now. In any event I'm not talking about that anyway.

Charlo Just won his title. You wanna make a comparison, Cotto won his first WW title, and followed it up with Oktay Urkal in San Juan :lol: utterly making my point, especially since Urkal hasnt been seen near a ring since :hearty-laugh: . No I dont want to see Charlo fight an Urkal next. I want to see him fight Jacobs. But if its not Jacobs, I understand why, and if it IS an Urkal, Ill be there with yall to shit on it.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I wont say belts are meaningless, but it has become laughable how easily attained they can be. The WBC is a joke, Canelo dont even fuck with them and hes from Mexico. Like I said, I feel it matters who you beat for the belt.

I agree, but that aint Charlos fault man. They tryna give the dude something because he been sitting in the mandatory spot waiting for GGG, and they tryna take money out of him. But for a fighter, thats still a belt, at least the first 2 or 3 times. After that, yeah, who gives a fuck, they get to that point.

But ya it matters who he beat, I agree with that too. So he should be fighting someone worthwhile next since he beat a scrub for the belt. But I aint gonna shit on him to a hard extent if it doesnt end up being Jacobs....I will if it's another scrub though.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ill give you Clottey barely. But not the rest. Point still holds man. And you're embellishing too much on Cotto if you wanna talk about his first 27 fights. He was around the same position as Charlo is now. In any event I'm not talking about that anyway.

Charlo Just won his title. You wanna make a comparison, Cotto won his first WW title, and followed it up with Oktay Urkal in San Juan :lol: utterly making my point, especially since Urkal hasnt been seen near a ring since :hearty-laugh: . No I dont want to see Charlo fight an Urkal next. I want to see him fight Jacobs. But if its not Jacobs, I understand why, and if it IS an Urkal, Ill be there with yall to shit on it.

Yea who did Cotto beat for his Welterweight title again?? An undefeated bigger fighter in Quintana, who just whooped on JOel Julio and went on to whoop Paul williams. That was also Cotto's first fight at welterweight. Talk about balls, who was Charlos first fight at middle :lol: Heiland?? :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon: :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Your little historic nonsense is when a fighter actually beats somebody capable for the title, not given a gift against a bum coming off a loss.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yea who did Cotto beat for his Welterweight title again?? An undefeated bigger fighter in Quintana, who just whooped on JOel Julio and went on to whoop Paul williams. That was also Cotto's first fight at welterweight. Talk about balls, who was Charlos first fight at middle :lol: Heiland?? :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon: :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Your little historic nonsense is when a fighter actually beats somebody capable for the title, not given a gift against a bum coming off a loss.

Capable or not makes no difference. It holds a bearing on the level of that next opponent for sure. But again, who has fought an elite right after that? Did Cotto? At welter, Cotto went on to fight Urkal. At jr middle he went on to fight a well past elite Mayorga. At middleweight, he went on to fight Geale. Do you call him Elite? No you dont!

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Charlo finally speaks up, and sounds scared as fuck :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow. What a turn around. Stuttering stanley

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, I saw that last night, I didnt like it either. Sounding like a man who dont want the fight or who knows the fight aint next. He aint scared tho. How can he be scared if he wants GGG? Still favoring him over Jacobs. But i dont like how hes turnin pussy cat all of a sudden.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Feel like there is real animosity here. Want to see this fight.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Figure until GGG Canelo gets signed. Dudes are gonna sit on their hands.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Truthfully, if GGG doesnt get Canelo, what i want next for GGG is Billy Joe Saunders. Its too soon for Charlo..he has more work to do, and Jacobs already got his crack.

Billy Joe apparently signed a contract to fight Golovkin in Kazakstan before all this Canelo stuff went on in the first place. So hes the one whos been waiting the longest.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Truthfully, if GGG doesnt get Canelo, what i want next for GGG is Billy Joe Saunders. Its too soon for Charlo..he has more work to do, and Jacobs already got his crack.

Billy Joe apparently signed a contract to fight Golovkin in Kazakstan before all this Canelo stuff went on in the first place. So hes the one whos been waiting the longest.

yea it feels like that fight is just due. And coming off of 2 Canelo pay days, GGG just might be ripe for the picking for a guy as talented as Billy Joe.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

so GGG wastes Canelo, then fights Billy, then that winner faces winner of Jacobs-Charlo.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

so GGG wastes Canelo, then fights Billy, then that winner faces winner of Jacobs-Charlo.

I like that. A lot.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
co-sign

Board index » General Boxing Chat