Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 76  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:21 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
you better not come in here on some shit like " im not sure Kyrie is even an elite player." dont do it. :rofl:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

you better not come in here on some shit like " im not sure Kyrie is even an elite player." dont do it. :rofl:

Please, save me that shit. Elite players can carry a team to the playoffs by themselves. Over all my years of basketball I haven't seen one player that couldn't. I never amount just scoring as being elite. Kyrie is a short 2 guard, not a point. He's not making anyone around him better and that's the duties of his position that. Nor is he good on defense, rebounding and intangibles.

Russ and Butler give you more than scoring and they atleast good enough to carry a team to the playoffs. Kyrie is a one on one phenomenal scorer and that's it, not elite by a long shot. You think his dribbling make him elite? That's hilarious.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

aaaaaaand he did it. so predictable. :rofl:

aight man good talk.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Might as well put Trae Young ahead of Irving too if he knocks off the 76ers.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

:hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

epic choke job by Philly. i feel like they did something similar last year, or the year before. up 18 going into the 4th. wow. thats bad.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Where was Ben Simmons? Is he playing in this series?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 am 

Cash on hand:

The Clippers, Man, now that's a deep team!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:13 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Im not surprised George pulled it off. Playing with Iso Kawhi stiffles him. Of course he was gonna revert to PG13 from Indiana or Best Case OKC. It's also about Donovan Mitchell disappearing and the Clippers leaving Zubac on the bench. Ty Lue just needs to keep that lineup as small as possible, even if 6 guys get the bulk of the minutes, put in Boogie before Zubac even, and PG continues to crash glass.

And im tired of hearing Ben Simmons pumped up. He's over fucking rated. The amount of shit Russ gets, and Ben doesn't simply because Russ is asked to get it done with lesser talent every year. Ben is bigger than Russ, and worse than him in every-fucking-category. He can't shoot, he cant hit FT's. I hope they lose. Imagine they courted Butler instead, got him to stay and moved Simmons, they'd be finals bound for sure. 4 years in, Simmons can't even establish FT line improvements, that's bust territory for a point guard.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:48 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You know what. Rj has a point about kyrie. His successes come when he has a functioning team around him....and then ppl fall over themselves calling him great..which he is when hes allowed to flourish with talent. How was he in cleveland b4 bron? Objectively a russ is a better player.

But if kyrie is skirting elite...harden and durant are fkin top 5 put on me and ill get us to a few rounds of the dance caliber players. There arent many comparable co prime duos. Jordan Pippen, Shaq Kobe pretty much. They an ultra team i dont wanna hear diff.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:14 am 

Cash on hand:

Lebron-Wade, Lebron-AD, KD-Curry, Magic-Kareem, Dr. J-Moses, Big O-Kareem, Bird-McHale, Chamberlain-West, KG-Pierce-Allen, Kawhi-PG, Shaq-Wade, KD-Russ just a few more duo's

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 am 

Cash on hand:

so we just gonna pretend Kyrie didnt go to Boston as the lead man and average 52 wins and make the playoffs for 2 seasons . we're just gonna literally pretend that didnt happen?? or is rj gonna say Heyward was their leading man from the bench?? :hearty-laugh: .... ya holding it against him that he couldnt take a G league quality team to the playoffs in Cleveland?? Lebron couldnt take a much better LA team to the playoffs his first year there. I mean, when Lebron wanted to start his Super team part 2, who did he court?? Kyrie. when KD wanted his super team part 2, who did he court?? Kyrie. who hit one of the most amazing shots in NBA history to win Game 7 vs GS, and arguably should've been the Finals MVP in a series that included Lebron and Curry?? Kyrie.

ya lost ya fucking minds.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:30 am 

Cash on hand:

Lebron-Wade, Lebron-AD, KD-Curry, Magic-Kareem, Dr. J-Moses, Big O-Kareem, Bird-McHale, Chamberlain-West, KG-Pierce-Allen, Kawhi-PG, Shaq-Wade, KD-Russ just a few more duo's

i love how you blatant cheat and throw in a trio to try and prop up your list. no shame. :rofl:

and did you just say Russ> Harden?? we vividly remember you basically calling Russ an overrated ball hog back when he was doing shit nobody ever did and winning MVP. but NOW, you can't stop drooling over him and saying he's better than Kyrie and Harden. i cant with you man. :rofl:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am 

Cash on hand:

dude put in KG-Pierce, then said na i dont even believe that, but let me throw in Ray-Ray and nobody will notice. :hearty-laugh:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Austinholic_3:16 wrote:
so we just gonna pretend Kyrie didnt go to Boston as the lead man and average 52 wins and make the playoffs for 2 seasons . we're just gonna literally pretend that didnt happen?? or is rj gonna say Heyward was their leading man from the bench?? :hearty-laugh: .... ya holding it against him that he couldnt take a G league quality team to the playoffs in Cleveland?? Lebron couldnt take a much better LA team to the playoffs his first year there. I mean, when Lebron wanted to start his Super team part 2, who did he court?? Kyrie. when KD wanted his super team part 2, who did he court?? Kyrie. who hit one of the most amazing shots in NBA history to win Game 7 vs GS, and arguably should've been the Finals MVP in a series that included Lebron and Curry?? Kyrie.

Not really, it just makes the case for me that Kyrie aint putting a team on his back kind of talent. He's elite, just not Harden/Durant elite. 5 star versus 4 I suppose. Boston was still stacked with talent when he did it. Im falling in the middle of you and RJ. Kyrie is just a scorer. He aint gonna carry your squad without talent, he aint gonna run up 10 assists a night to make the team go. He gonna get his at a super elite level, and if you want anything else you'll have to build a secondary engine that functions without him.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

i love how you blatant cheat and throw in a trio to try and prop up your list. no shame. :rofl:

and did you just say Russ> Harden?? we vividly remember you basically calling Russ an overrated ball hog back when he was doing shit nobody ever did and winning MVP. but NOW, you can't stop drooling over him and saying he's better than Kyrie and Harden. i cant with you man. :rofl:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 am 

Cash on hand:

Austinholic_3:16 wrote:

Not really, it just makes the case for me that Kyrie aint putting a team on his back kind of talent. He's elite, just not Harden/Durant elite. 5 star versus 4 I suppose. Boston was still stacked with talent when he did it. Im falling in the middle of you and RJ. Kyrie is just a scorer. He aint gonna carry your squad without talent, he aint gonna run up 10 assists a night to make the team go. He gonna get his at a super elite level, and if you want anything else you'll have to build a secondary engine that functions without him.

im cool with all of that. but dude gotta get off the "Kyrie never took a team to the playoffs" lie. and really you NEED talent around you. nobody gonna win on their own. Lebron and KD, as legendary as they are, would agree with me.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 am 

Cash on hand:

am i trippin' here?? and no Kawhi-PG aint better than KD/Harden either.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Definitely not...not by any metric or qualitative analysis.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am 

Cash on hand:

at this point im probably not even taking Lebron/AD either. definitely not KD-Russ. im shocked he didnt put Randle/Barrett up there. :kopfpatsch:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

KD/Russ just never fully matured.

I still think it was still so impatient of KD to leave OKC. Current KD paired with current Russ and current Harden, with them being fully realized stars is a championship team. Russ taking the blame was nonsense. What they all were was simply not realized or understood at the time and OKC had no idea what they were doing. They had Ibaka too for fucks sake. That team, right now, beats everyone. Hell, swap Kyrie right now for Russ and that super team is even better than it is...idgaf who says diff.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

KD would say different. :lol:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

KD would say different. :lol:

So would Russ :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

while im not completely married to PER, i do find it relatively useful overall, unlike other analytical stuff in other sports such as WAR and Total QBR. Kyrie ranked 13th in PER. Russ, 56th. i certainly don't believe Russ is anywhere near the 56th best player in the NBA. but im not even entertaining Russ being better than Kyrie.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

We might get a chance to see soon if the Clippers and Nets both make it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 76  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion