Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post subject: 2018 NFL Playoffs
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
Colts-Texans is the hardest game to call for me. Hard to imagine Colts winning 2x in Texas within a months time. but im predicting thats what happens. im taking Indy.

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson or Jason Garett and Dak Prescott?? Seahawks win.

Chargers gonna give Lamar the rookie his rude awakening. im predicting hard times for the rookie. Chargers were a few plays away last time they played. they'll hold on to the ball on offense in this one and win by 10.

I was truly excited for the Eagles getting in but reality has to set in. Chicago is death for qbs. this could be a blowout. early.

I give Spence all the credit in the world for going to England to fight Brook. I'll crown him as the truth if he wins. I really don't see it though. I'm obviously cheering for Brook to wreck him, but from an objective lens as well I don't see Spence pulling it off. Let's see....

Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Playoffs
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
See, to me, eagles, bears is the toughest game to call. We've seen this hot streak from philly before, and from other teams in the past who just get hot at the right time. But there is no denying that bears D is the best in the league.

Texans, Seahawks, Chargers all win.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:08 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think the Colts are going to win. And I think the difference is that Luck is better now. He's actually playing like a great QB. As much as I like Watson, he isn't as good as Luck is at this point. I also think Indy has better offensive weapons sans Deandre Hopkins.

Dallas just needs to give Zeke the ball and let him win the game for them. Seattle looks relatively primed though. Tough game--FG probably wins it.

Chargers always find a way to fuck up when it matters most. I gotta think the Ravens find a way to stifle them defensively and Justin Tucker kicks like six FG's.

It would be pretty amazing if the Eagles beat Chicago. Straight up. Gotta go with the Bears. It's the best team they've had in quite awhile.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:10 am 

Cash on hand:

the thing that scares me about Philly is that alot of people are EXPECTING some type of magical run. whereas whenever we see those type of things, hardly anyone predicts it, which is why they're so magical and surprising. meanwhile Chicago is just sitting back in that qb purgatory zone they call a stadium and they're thinking, yea, ok.....

I give Spence all the credit in the world for going to England to fight Brook. I'll crown him as the truth if he wins. I really don't see it though. I'm obviously cheering for Brook to wreck him, but from an objective lens as well I don't see Spence pulling it off. Let's see....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

the thing that scares me about Philly is that alot of people are EXPECTING some type of magical run. whereas whenever we see those type of things, hardly anyone predicts it, which is why they're so magical and surprising. meanwhile Chicago is just sitting back in that qb purgatory zone they call a stadium and they're thinking, yea, ok.....

Did Foles have to face a defense as good as the Bears during their playoff run last year?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 am 

Cash on hand:

I think the Colts are going to win. And I think the difference is that Luck is better now. He's actually playing like a great QB. As much as I like Watson, he isn't as good as Luck is at this point. I also think Indy has better offensive weapons sans Deandre Hopkins.

Dallas just needs to give Zeke the ball and let him win the game for them. Seattle looks relatively primed though. Tough game--FG probably wins it.

Chargers always find a way to fuck up when it matters most. I gotta think the Ravens find a way to stifle them defensively and Justin Tucker kicks like six FG's.

It would be pretty amazing if the Eagles beat Chicago. Straight up. Gotta go with the Bears. It's the best team they've had in quite awhile.

Pete Carroll is NOT going to let Zeke just run crazy. The guys calling the game will say the words "Bobby Wagner" at least 20x. that D will be ready, particularly for Zeke. this will be a 3-4 pt game either way going into the 4th, neither team will have more than 20 going into the 4th. thats when the Wilson/Carroll advantage wins the game. 23-17 Hawks.

Last edited by Austin_3:16 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hear you man. That's why I keep going back and forth on this game. I think the other games are going t be good, fun, entertaining, but ultimately I am pretty confident in my picks in those games. This one I struggle with.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Pete Carroll is NOT going to let Zeke just run crazy. The guys calling the game will say the words "Bobby Wagner" at least 20x. that D will be ready, particularly for Zeke. this will be a 3-4 pt game either way going into the 4th, neither team will have more than 20 going into the 4th. thats when the Wilson/Carroll advantage wins the game. 23-17 Hawks.

Aye. Pete is going to force Dak to throw. If Dallas wins this game it will be on the backs of Dak and Cooper, not Zeke.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am 

Cash on hand:

Did Foles have to face a defense as good as the Bears during their playoff run last year?

Vikes were damn good but not on the level of Chicago and they got Minny at home.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 am 

Cash on hand:

Aye. Pete is going to force Dak to throw. If Dallas wins this game it will be on the backs of Dak and Cooper, not Zeke.

yea pretty much. Hawks one advantage is obvious. Dallas has Zeke, Cooper, and that D. those are the things that will win Dallas the game if they win. but i dont see it. and lets not forget Janikowski in a tight one score game. indoors. his range is probably 65.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Seattle just seems to get up for these kinds of games. I'm not sure Amari is gonna do shit against them. If any receiver is gonna go off it'll be Baldwin. I mean, neither Kelce or Tyreek went off against Seattle when they played a couple of weeks ago. Amari Cooper just ain't that dude.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Which is why I am picking Seattle.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica

Minnesota was being called that kind of defense in the nfc title game, and Foles broke their spirit.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Jermz, whats your sense on this eagles team?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well 2 superbowl winning qbs put 3 tds each on the bears this year, why not Nick?

What might be tough for the Eagles is that tough balanced offensive attack from the Bears, while the Eagles are still using a patch work defense. But the same was said last year ...against atlanta and minnesota last year....both times they showed up and shut down while Nick let the ball fly.

This years offensive weapons in philly are better than last years...and you can argue the running game has a bit more fresh punch, and Nick has the experience under his belt this time. I'd like to know what the weather will be like, if the wind is a factor...it might be problematic for both teams, but both teams are outdoor variety. Of course I'm going with my Eagles by 10 points.

Seattle over Dallas. But this is just Dallas hate.

Texans over Colts in a nail biter.

Baltimore beating SD again.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well 2 superbowl winning qbs put 3 tds each on the bears this year, why not Nick?

What might be tough for the Eagles is that tough balanced offensive attack from the Bears, while the Eagles are still using a patch work defense. But the same was said last year ...against atlanta and minnesota last year....both times they showed up and shut down while Nick let the ball fly.

This years offensive weapons in philly are better than last years...and you can argue the running game has a bit more fresh punch, and Nick has the experience under his belt this time. I'd like to know what the weather will be like, if the wind is a factor...it might be problematic for both teams, but both teams are outdoor variety. Of course I'm going with my Eagles by 10 points.

Its a ballsy pick. Baltimore has the defense and the ground game to keep rivers on the bench and the point total low, but Lamar has to be able to make SOME plays in the passing game, and I just don't see it happening.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Well 2 superbowl winning qbs put 3 tds each on the bears this year, why not Nick?.

because Nick aint Brady and Nick aint Rodgers. thats why not. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

Its a ballsy pick. Baltimore has the defense and the ground game to keep rivers on the bench and the point total low, but Lamar has to be able to make SOME plays in the passing game, and I just don't see it happening.

Lamar was good enough overall in that game but in the 2nd half he didn't do shit. Chargers D adjusted and this will be a carry over for them. the key for the Chargers will be protecting Rivers and not turning the ball over. 2 things they failed at the first game.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

now i will say, Trubisky is worrisome enough to fuck everything up for Chicago. an early pick 6 can change everything.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

OKAY...I see what this is. One time wasn't enough, so you wanna hedge your bets against the anointed one, BDN??. How many times does he have to whip it out for you to believe??

These are the games!! Game 1, the candle in the BDN shrine...still flickers a violent flame...You will bow down to and humble yourself to BDN....you fuckin heathen!

:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yall know who to bet on. But i think people are sleeping on dallas.

Attachments:
FDC860C5-A53D-424D-B3C1-9DDD1D233B18.jpeg
FDC860C5-A53D-424D-B3C1-9DDD1D233B18.jpeg [ 30.33 KiB | Viewed 1535 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:lol: this is truly the NFL playoff for the ages!!! BDN gonna be crowned the goat :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:lol: this is truly the NFL playoff for the ages!!! BDN gonna be crowned the goat :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

if BDN can win in Chicago, in New Orleans, and in LA, then win the SB, yea he the GOAT. :lol:

and Carson Wentz gonna be a Dolphin or Jaguar. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

if BDN can win in Chicago, in New Orleans, and in LA, then win the SB, yea he the GOAT. :lol:

and Carson Wentz gonna be a Dolphin or Jaguar. :hearty-laugh:

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Board index » General Sports Discussion