Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Man, these dudes just mash every single year.

I didn't even realize Brees is about to break Peyton Manning's record for passing yards this season, which is crazy. I didn't think he was that close.

He has thrown for over 5,000 yards/season FIVE times!!!! Who does that?

Brees has thrown for 4,000 or more yards 12 seasons in a row. That is mind-boggling.

And Rivers just keeps on mashing himself. Thru 12 seasons he has thrown for over 50,000 yards and has thrown for over 4,000 yards in nine of those seasons. He really didn't even play his first two seasons in the league.

Once Brees breaks Peyton's record this season, I don't think anyone will break it, but Rivers might have the best shot if he keeps playing and Brees hangs 'em up.

I just think these two are really underrated QB's in terms of all-time greatness and I just wanted to highlight it real quick.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

I didn't even realize Brees is about to break Peyton Manning's record for passing yards this season, which is crazy. I didn't think he was that close.

Brees has thrown for 4,000 or more yards 12 seasons in a row. That is mind-boggling.

And Rivers just keeps on mashing himself. Thru 12 seasons he has thrown for over 50,000 yards and has thrown for over 4,000 yards in nine of those seasons. He really didn't even play his first two seasons in the league.

Once Brees breaks Peyton's record this season, I don't think anyone will break it, but Rivers might have the best shot if he keeps playing and Brees hangs 'em up.

Ijust think these two are really underrated QB's in terms of all-time greatness and I just wanted to highlight it real quick.

It depends on where you rate them I guess. I mean brees has 1 title, rivers 0. Rivers has never been to the dance.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ijust think these two are really underrated QB's in terms of all-time greatness and I just wanted to highlight it real quick.

It depends on where you rate them I guess. I mean brees has 1 title, rivers 0. Rivers has never been to the dance.

Yeah, I know that rings matter, but, you can't deny that these guys have been elite in terms of performance year in and year out. I mean, Dan Marino never won a SB either, but, Trent Dilfer did.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
Chargers have probably been the most injured team in the nfl during Rivers tenure. That, along with Tom Brady, have conspired against Rivers in keeping a SB from his reach. Brady has been MJ and Rivers is Ewing, Malone, and Barkley. Definitely a HOFer and ATG.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Oh I don't disagree that both are HOF worthy, that's not a doubt. BUt are you putting Rivers in the top 5, top 10 qb's of all time?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am 

Cash on hand:

BUt are you putting Rivers in the top 5, top 10 qb's of all time?

no. if he puts together a couple more elite seasons with a ring, then top 10 consideration, maybe.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:50 am 

Cash on hand:

i dont mention Bress because i dont tend to believe he's underrated, even in an all time sense. Rivers definitely is.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Rivers probably doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I would not carry it too far in the other direction either.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Rivers probably doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I would not carry it too far in the other direction either.

na of course. even with a ring and a couple more elite years id have trouble placing him top 10. even today i wouldnt do top 5. dont know for sure as id actually have to do a list but im sure he'd be on the list soon after my top 5, so in the 6-10 range probably, more towards 10.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Brees is def top 10. Dont know where. But hes there. I think phillip is top 15. Not shabby at all. Hes gangsta i always liked his character and how he plays.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Brees is def top 10. Dont know where. But hes there. I think phillip is top 15. Not shabby at all. Hes gangsta i always liked his character and how he plays.

One thing about Philly Rivers is he is one tough mother fucker.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:50 am 

Cash on hand:

yes. with injuries galore along the O line damn near every year, and being immobile as he is, he has taken his share of hits. Never flinches, never misses a game.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:27 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

yes. with injuries galore along the O line damn near every year, and being immobile as he is, he has taken his share of hits. Never flinches, never misses a game.

Played in an AFC title game on a torn ACL. Meanwhile Tomlinson sits on the sideline with his helmet on because he can't look any of his team mates in the face.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Played in an AFC title game on a torn ACL. Meanwhile Tomlinson sits on the sideline with his helmet on because he can't look any of his team mates in the face.

yea that was something else.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

yea that was something else.

That right there cemented my thoughts on both those players.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 am 

Cash on hand:

Rivers has led 2 different 14-2 teams to the playoffs without winning a single game either of those years. Lost at home to Brady and lost at home to the Jets by 3 pts in a game their kicker missed 3 FGs. Lost at Brady in the afc title game with the torn ACL. Has beaten Manning 2x in the playoffs. I remember the one year they were 4-8 and Denver was 8-4, and i boldly predicted SD would win the division at 8-8, and they did. always been a huge fan.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Rivers balls out but WRs drop a ton of balls, special teams were dreadful, and the D couldnt stop a nose bleed. Story of his fucking career.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:16 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Rivers balls out but WRs drop a ton of balls, special teams were dreadful, and the D couldnt stop a nose bleed. Story of his fucking career.

Yeah, no fucking shit.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 am 

Cash on hand:

hopefully the defense was just an aberration. Tyreke Hill is just one of a kind and can have that effect on defenses. they're not on the Vikes or Jags level but should be on that next level below. Offensively sky's the limit especially if they keep Ekeler involved and can get something out of Mike Williams. special teams though. gah damn they been terrible in all phases for to long. make a damn fg. catch a fucking punt. please tackle someone.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:33 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

hopefully the defense was just an aberration. Tyreke Hill is just one of a kind and can have that effect on defenses. they're not on the Vikes or Jags level but should be on that next level below. Offensively sky's the limit especially if they keep Ekeler involved and can get something out of Mike Williams. special teams though. gah damn they been terrible in all phases for to long. make a damn fg. catch a fucking punt. please tackle someone.

Yeah, no idea why they brought in retread Sturgis to be their kicker. I don't even remember who was kicking for them last year.

Hopefully, the Chargers don't shit the bed against Buffalo next week but you never know. Remember last year when they picked off Nathan Peterman five times? lol

He had a QBR of 0.3 in the game. Yesterday, his QBR was 0.7, so, at least he's improving. :lol:

The Bills just need to put Josh Allen out there and see what he can do.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:36 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, no idea why they brought in retread Sturgis to be their kicker. I don't even remember who was kicking for them last year.

Hopefully, the Chargers don't shit the bed against Buffalo next week but you never know. Remember last year when they picked off Nathan Peterman five times? lol

He had a QBR of 0.3 in the game. Yesterday, his QBR was 0.7, so, at least he's improving. :lol:

That bills team is so bad that putting the kid out there at this point would probably hurt more than help, but the bills owe it to their fans to put a live body out there at qb. Call up TB and see what it would take to get fitz once Winston gets back. Call up Kaep.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:39 am 

Cash on hand:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

def remember that game. but Josh Lambo was a Charger kicker either last year or year before. and wasnt bad. now he's pretty good for the Jags. and i agree 1000% about Allen. truth be told idk why they traded McCarron. not like he's all that, but Peterman, gah damn.

Board index » General Sports Discussion