Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Sports Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
As someone who wants to get away from this all offense style, I smile on the Deandre Jordan move. But his limitations are definitely glaring and I think his best days are behind him. Definitely an upgrade for you guys either way if you pull it off.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Agreed. A starting lineup of IT, Bradley, Hayward, Jordan, Horford is pretty good. Enough to beat Cleveland? Not so sure, but it would be a competitive series.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

When I was a little boy, the two teams I cared about the most were the Bulls and Knicks, and I got to watch them compete in the Eastern Conference playoffs practically every single year.

Now, I'm a man, and I get to watch them compete at being the worst run organization in the Eastern Conference.

Every moment Phil Jackson is awake, he antagonizes the two best players on his team. When it comes time to find the third best player on the team, he stops looking to catch some Z's in public instead.

The Bulls have just made one of the worst trades of all time. Jimmy Butler for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen. That's right, a top 15 player for a formerly promising player coming off an ACL tear, the one point guard in the league that shoots worse than Rajon Rondo, and a dude from the basketball hotbed of Finland named Lauri, who appears to have the upside of a white Channing Frye.

Fuck basketball.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

When I was a little boy, the two teams I cared about the most were the Bulls and Knicks, and I got to watch them compete in the Eastern Conference playoffs practically every single year.

Now, I'm a man, and I get to watch them compete at being the worst run organization in the Eastern Conference.

Every moment Phil Jackson is awake, he antagonizes the two best players on his team. When it comes time to find the third best player on the team, he stops looking to catch some Z's in public instead.

The Bulls have just made one of the worst trades of all time. Jimmy Butler for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen. That's right, a top 15 player for a formerly promising player coming off an ACL tear, the one point guard in the league that shoots worse than Rajon Rondo, and a dude from the basketball hotbed of Finland named Lauri, who appears to have the upside of a white Channing Frye.

Fuck basketball.

Yeah, I was shocked with the butler trade.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Not fond of the Ball pick, but I guess they had to do it. Good draft though, they got a multipurpose center who can defend rebound hit FTs and shoot the 3, and a scoring machine SG, just need to have a solid year and then convince PG to come fill out 3 spot.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
Obviously it'll depend on Lavine's recovery and if he can maintain his trajectory, and if whether Finland can be a good player. Minny has to be ecstatic. How do they not compete for the playoffs??

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:37 am 

Cash on hand:

Not fond of the Ball pick, but I guess they had to do it. Good draft though, they got a multipurpose center who can defend rebound hit FTs and shoot the 3, and a scoring machine SG, just need to have a solid year and then convince PG to come fill out 3 spot.

They had to take Ball. Hopefully Ingram can really develop and others like Randle can as well. Really entice PG to go there, finally get that shit show back to prominence.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

They had to take Ball. Hopefully Ingram can really develop and others like Randle can as well. Really entice PG to go there, finally get that shit show back to prominence.

In retrospect, those were really good picks. They addressed pretty much every need. They have the talent to be a team hovering just above .500 I think if those picks work out.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 am 

Cash on hand:

Just please convince Phil to go back to LA in some capacity. Please.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Obviously it'll depend on Lavine's recovery and if he can maintain his trajectory, and if whether Finland can be a good player. Minny has to be ecstatic. How do they not compete for the playoffs??

What position does Lavine even play? espn has him listed as a PG which does match his size, but his stats dont reflect that at all. They gonna play him with wade and put Rondo on the bench?? Then whos going to pass the ball? Neither guy Lavine or Wade is playing SF. Chicago is going to be another clusterphuck.

Minnesota on the other hand will be putting up points next year. IF they can address their PG and PF situation through free agency, TT will be turning things around pretty quick. Dont know that Patton kid, if he can slide into PF beside towns it could be gross.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Just please convince Phil to go back to LA in some capacity. Please.

Jeanie done send him his suitcase with all the rest of his shit, he a knick now! :P

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 am 

Cash on hand:

Well remember Wade won't be there long and Rondo probably wont be either.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well at least the Raptors and the Knicks will get some more wins.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 am 

Cash on hand:

Well at least the Raptors and the Pistons will get some more wins.

Yea

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Westbrook wins MVP in a landslide. Righfully so. Without him OKC wouldve drafted Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:17 pm 

Cash on hand:

Chris Paul going to Houston. Splashy move, does nothing to deter GS from making the Finals again. Harden at PG was golden for Houston.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Austin_3:16 wrote:
Chris Paul going to Houston. Splashy move, does nothing to deter GS from making the Finals again. Harden at PG was golden for Houston.

I think its an accident waiting to happen. Harden is a better PG than Chris Paul right now, and Chris Paul can't play SG. Both guys are at their best when they have the ball in hand, and neither guy moves much without the ball. All those metrics that Houston loves to make decisions on dont tell shit like that.

Harden being as good as he is will make it work though. They still need front court help.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm 

Cash on hand:

Paul wouldve been better off in SA, and Houston wouldve been better off with a Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Houston needed a player and Paul needed a new team. Just not sure this is best for either side.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Paul wouldve been better off in SA, and Houston wouldve been better off with a Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Houston needed a player and Paul needed a new team. Just not sure this is best for either side.

Pretty much.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

So the clip show story is starting to come out. Chris Paul and Doc Rivers have been on a downward spiral since they picked up Docs kid. And apparently Doc lost the team partly due to the preferential treatment he was giving to his kid over the players. Which is a horrible no no, especially when his kid, relatively speaking, sucks at professional basketball, lol. Thats enough to fire the guy as head coach and president of basketball operations in my book. He's basically and flagrantly using his positions in the organization to further his sons stalled basketball career...to the detriment of the basetball team.

Doc kyboshed a trade that would have sent Crawford, Pierce and his kid to New York for Melo and Alexandria Vujacic. That's a fucking hot mess right there. THey could have had Paul, Melo, Jordan, and Griffin, and all they had to do after that was find em a servicable shooting guard, and Dr Death killed the trade.

If they dont can this guy, their fucking idiots.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 am 

Cash on hand:

So the clip show story is starting to come out. Chris Paul and Doc Rivers have been on a downward spiral since they picked up Docs kid. And apparently Doc lost the team partly due to the preferential treatment he was giving to his kid over the players. Which is a horrible no no, especially when his kid, relatively speaking, sucks at professional basketball, lol. Thats enough to fire the guy as head coach and president of basketball operations in my book. He's basically and flagrantly using his positions in the organization to further his sons stalled basketball career...to the detriment of the basetball team.

Doc kyboshed a trade that would have sent Crawford, Pierce and his kid to New York for Melo and Alexandria Vujacic. That's a fucking hot mess right there. THey could have had Paul, Melo, Jordan, and Griffin, and all they had to do after that was find em a servicable shooting guard, and Dr Death killed the trade.

What a horrible trade for the Knicks. I wouldve off'd myself seeing bitch ass Paula Pierce in a NYK uni. Completely shot to boot. Thank god for Doc on that one.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Houston's not done making moves. Lets not judge too quickly.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Not really. Paul and Hardens been talking about playing together for awhile. Harden was spent last year had no energy to finish strong. The most used player now will have some help. And for Paul its a chance to join a top 5 player, the best player he's ever teamed up with. A Team who he lost a 3-1 advantage in the playoffs too also. This wasn't just thought up overnight.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

What a horrible trade for the Knicks. I wouldve off'd myself seeing bitch ass Paula Piercein a NYK uni. Completely shot to boot. Thank god for Doc on that one.

:stfu: :stfu: :stfu:

How dare you disrespect The Truth!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Not really. Paul and Hardens been talking about playing together for awhile. Harden was spent last year had no energy to finish strong. The most used player now will have some help. And for Paul its a chance to join a top 5 player, the best player he's ever teamed up with. A Team who he lost a 3-1 advantage in the playoffs too also. This wasn't just thought up overnight.

The pressure will be on Harden to migrate back to SG duties and move more without the ball. If he can do that, it'll work well. There is also nothing to suggest that Harden can't do that either. I predicted doom and gloom with Harden in a PG capacity and he made me eat my words. I'm a believer, despite still disliking dude. Lol. The sky is the limit when you get Khloe off of your arm. That snatch got pentagrams on the walls.

#MANDOWN #StrapSeason

-Miyamoto Musashi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » General Sports Discussion