Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-to- ... 1538476027

This is the right thing to do. It is an immediate fuck you to Wal Mart, who thought they were doing something with their $11.50 minimum wage last year, which, btw, Wal Mart literally makes up the costs of that within a few hours. Not to mention all of the Sam's Clubs they closed which put a lot of people out of work.

That's not to say that Amazon is some darling company--far from it. But, it's a step in the right direction with regard to how large companies like this should be treating their employees.

Wal Mart's median pay is $19K/year. Before this increase, Amazon's median pay was $28K/year.

This is not to say that I support a federally mandated minimum wage of $15/hour because that is just fucking stupid and untenable and it would crush small businesses overnight. In fact, I don't support a minimum wage at all, because of what is talked about in this article here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-sto ... omy-2010-1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Aye. I am no economist, but I know that a single mom can't feed, clothe, and shelter 2 kids on $10.10 per hour, which is the minimum wage here.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Amazon making a powerplay to muscle out the competition, and expensive powerplay. Tryna win hearts and minds.

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Amazon making a powerplay to muscle out the competition, and expensive powerplay. Tryna win hearts and minds.

Not something they needed to do if trying to fuck the competition. They are already strangling the shit outta the competition.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Not something they needed to do if trying to fuck the competition. They are already strangling the shit outta the competition.

You can always choke a bitch a little more. Soon they'll be expanding into directions to take aim at walmart.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

You can always choke a bitch a little more. Soon they'll be expanding into directions to take aim at walmart.

What are your thoughts on minimum wage?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its gotta go up. Especially in america where yall have very little universal benefits.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its gotta go up. Especially in america where yall have very little universal benefits.

Aye. Where do we draw the line though? Its easay to point to Amazon, and Walmart, look at their profits and say that they need to pair more for minimum wage. But what about the mom and pop business struggling to get by?

Then you got the people trying to make a living. 10.10 ain't cutting it, so they gotta be on welfare and shit, then people complain about taxes going up to pay for these people. Where's the balance?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. I am no economist, but I know that a single mom can't feed, clothe, and shelter 2 kids on $10.10 per hour, which is the minimum wage here.

We are a nation of co-dependents. Welfare is everywhere and you have idiots trying to get Universal Basic Income into the fold--yet another brain dead utopian Silicon Valley idea.

If anything, it helps keep the debt machine rolling for the common folks (the Amazon raise).

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's a check mate kind of move for sure. Now they just sit back and see what happens in the market.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. Where do we draw the line though? Its easay to point to Amazon, and Walmart, look at their profits and say that they need to pair more for minimum wage. But what about the mom and pop business struggling to get by?

Then you got the people trying to make a living. 10.10 ain't cutting it, so they gotta be on welfare and shit, then people complain about taxes going up to pay for these people. Where's the balance?

They unfortunately get hit hardest. The balance should be through taxes. Mom and pop stores should pay little of it while the big chains pay a ton. Thats the biggest problem though, Amazon, Walmart,Apple, and the rest of the fucks think that because they pay the most in terms of dollar amount in taxes, that they shouldnt have to pay what they should have to in terms of percentage....and thats what tips the scales in favor of them most of all. See if they were taxing the wealthy effectively the way they should and taxing the lower end small businesses less as a function of percentage, and across the board, all would be balanced. But they dont. It works out to a sort of flat rate percentage.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well, it is definitely a direct fuck you to Wal Mart. I follow this stuff closely as it's a bit of a hobby for me to follow the markets and global politics and such. Amazon just knows how to get shit done by any means possible. These motherfuckers don't even pay electricity in some cases:

https://www.ibj.com/articles/70151-amaz ... o-pay-them

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

We are a nation of co-dependents. Welfare is everywhere and you have idiots trying to get Universal Basic Income into the fold--yet another brain dead utopian Silicon Valley idea.

If anything, it helps keep the debt machine rolling for the common folks (the Amazon raise).

Universal basic income is an awful idea.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

They already doing that playa. It's an every day thang between both of 'em. Both trying to make big power moves in India as it's quite an emerging market.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

They already doing that playa. It's an every day thang between both of 'em. Both trying to make big power moves in India as it's quite an emerging market.

Yeah makes sense, India is huge, lot of money and people there.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Look, we got 14 million Americans on disability alone. 14 fucking million people.

Nah...we don't need to be giving out more free shit.

I'm tired of taxpayer money being spent on the dumbest of shit.

I don't want to go off on a tangent.... :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah makes sense, India is huge, lot of money and people there.

India is poised for 7.5% growth in 2018 and 2019. Obviously, '18 is almost over. Point is, huge market and they are growing more than pretty much every other country.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Look, we got 14 million Americans on disability alone. 14 fucking million people.

I want you to. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

hahaha...we could be here for awhile

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

hahaha...we could be here for awhile

Dont tease bitch lol

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Amazon's #1 goal is as close to full automation as they can get. I've been telling people this for years now.

You don't have to pay robots a salary. lol

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... eet-robots

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

A couple other juicy nuggets:

Amazon is getting rid of its stock options--probably just to certain level of employees.

Amazon is building 'picker' robots:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/12/ama ... nt-center/

And more mass retail bankruptcies:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/here-ar ... lainternal

"U.S. mall vacancy rates climbed to 9.1 percent during the third quarter, their highest level in seven years."

Amazon is single handedly destroying America.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

With EM tech he next logical step, it is such a bad idea to go the mech route with labour. These greedy red tooth and claw capitalists are gonna have their day of reckoning. One way or the other.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

With EM tech he next logical step, it is such a bad idea to go the mech route with labour. These greedy red tooth and claw capitalists are gonna have their day of reckoning. One way or the other.

The robots are taking over. Boston Dynamics' robots freak me the fuck out. Those motherfuckers can do backflips and shit.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Robots aint taking over shit. One EM blast and they are through. But we will do our best to give them that chance though!

Board index » Off Topic