Anyone ever fuck with this?

Post subject: Re: Intermittent Fasting
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Anyone ever fuck with this?

Reading up on it, it's actually my eating style. I generally dont eat breakfast, and usually only eat around lunch and dinner time. It's not going to lead to fat loss or muscle gain without the exercise component. And I have noticed that I can drop mass amounts of weight or put on muscle rather easy when dedicated.

I'm not a small person, but im not really fat either. I tend to surprise ppl when I tell them that Im about 265 without eating mounds of crap. I thought maybe it was just my genetics, but Im also larger in base size than my father and my brothers. So it could be the timing of my eating I guess.

I do think we all eat too much. The whole thing about 3 meals a day, and telling people to snack all day never made sense to me. I usually feel a lot better the less food I eat over a day, so long as I have one good balanced meal. For me thats usually dinner if I havent eaten all day, and I tend to feel wired if I ignore the feeling of hunger throughout the day when my body is in fasted state.

Getting sufficient sleep is also probably key to the intermittent fasting. You're gonna feel like shit if you are trying to fast on insufficient sleep.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

I read this, not sure how true it is, but a lot of it makes sense based on my experiences.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I started it today as a way to change things up. Hungry as fuck, LMAO

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I started it today as a way to change things up. Hungry as fuck, LMAO

Drink water and have coffee with no sugar if anything lol. Its better for you man, stick to it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, been on h20 all morning. finally eating.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
I know someone who does this. Probably the healthiest looking person i know. Told me i should try it. I said kiss my ass.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:37 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I know someone who does this. Probably the healthiest looking person i know. Told me i should try it. I said kiss my ass.

LOL, why?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

LOL, why?

Idk why he chooses torture. No idea.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

LOL. I will admit, day 1 is tough, but like anything (which is why I am doing this in the 1st place) your body gets used to it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ive lost tons of weight multiple times without any extreme measures. Just eating better, less, and exercising. This here seems to extreme for me. Sometimes i want breakfast to be my big meal for the day. Sometimes its dinner. Or a nice brunch. I need flexibility and varying plans of nutrition.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I agree that changing to this is rather dumb. I do it only because ive always do it. And come to think of it, when I started doing it without thinking it was in high school, and it timed with my grown spurt, and I was the skinniest and leanest that Ive ever been in my life. I only partially do it now. So it would be easy for me to fully do it.

But for someone who is accustomed to the other way, sticking to that might be best, you'll just have to work a bit harder and diet a bit more. It's all a trade off.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I agree that changing to this is rather dumb. I do it only because ive always do it. And come to think of it, when I started doing it without thinking it was in high school, and it timed with my grown spurt, and I was the skinniest and leanest that Ive ever been in my life. I only partially do it now. So it would be easy for me to fully do it.

But for someone who is accustomed to the other way, sticking to that might be best, you'll just have to work a bit harder and diet a bit more. It's all a trade off.

Well for me I have been doing things the same way for so long that as I am getting older, my body has become accustomed to it, and my results are slipping, so I am trying this to shock my body out of its lethargy.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well for me I have been doing things the same way for so long that as I am getting older, my body has become accustomed to it, and my results are slipping, so I am trying this to shock my body out of its lethargy.

I mean its a good idea. And the science supports it being better for you if you have the will power. But for those who dont need it, and are comfortable with the other way, no point switchin. Let us know!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I mean its a good idea. And the science supports it being better for you if you have the will power. But for those who dont need it, and are comfortable with the other way, no point switchin. Let us know!

Agreed. Will do.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Science has proven that the more you eat, it actually speeds up the aging process. It's not even 'new' science. Eating less doesn't mean you're going to live longer necessarily, but, it does slow down the aging process. I haven't done any reading on it in forever though. Based on what I have read, it is perfectly fine to fast, but, there's probably too much misinformation on the amount of time you should do it. I've done it, but, I'd rather just eat. I enjoy eating.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
I suppose my body could get used to it, but, I think I do much better eating eating small, healthy meals, 5-6x day.

Besides this fasting, maybe you could do some different exercises or same exercises with different variations like high intensity interval training. Try Kettlebells. That shit will kick your ass and it doesn't take long. You can have a damn good work out in 15-20 mins.

Maybe you should take a couple weeks off from working out.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I suppose my body could get used to it, but, I think I do much better eating eating small, healthy meals, 5-6x day.

Besides this fasting, maybe you could do some different exercises or same exercises with different variations like high intensity interval training. Try Kettlebells. That shit will kick your ass and it doesn't take long. You can have a damn good work out in 15-20 mins.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I will pretend you didn't say that....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:18 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

If you do this fasting in such a way that you're eating lunch and dinner only. You're probably best to workout in the morning when your energy spikes and your body is in its most efficient state.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

If you do this fasting in such a way that you're eating lunch and dinner only. You're probably best to workout in the morning when your energy spikes and your body is in its most efficient state.

Yeah, I am an early riser and workout in the AM anyways. Yesterday was a shitty workout because I was so hungry but today was better. Also I figures out that my meals yesterday were way too small for this type of program.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia

Well, you did say your body has become accustomed to what your doing and your trying to get it out of the lethargy. Taking some time off can help.

But, I hear you. I don't like taking time off from exercise. It's like I have to exercise now. I did take 2 weeks off because I had a cold and it was tough to do.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well, you did say your body has become accustomed to what your doing and your trying to get it out of the lethargy. Taking some time off can help.

But, I hear you. I don't like taking time off from exercise. It's like I have to exercise now. I did take 2 weeks off because I had a cold and it was tough to do.

I hear you. sometimes your body does need a rest, especially when your immune system is down like that,.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:48 am 

Cash on hand:

Keep the body guessing. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, I am an early riser and workout in the AM anyways. Yesterday was a shitty workout because I was so hungry but today was better. Also I figures out that my meals yesterday were way too small for this type of program.

Big Dinners. Medium sized lunches. The big dinner will wake you up with mass amounts of energy. Go to bed on time too, because the big dinner could lead to the second wind late at night and fuck your whole program up. Eliminate the shit you might consume also, the sugars, the salts, etc, and this will work well!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:44 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Experiment went well. Between the fasting, going super low caarb, and changing the workout routine, dropped 7.5 pounds. I think I am going to keep the IF going, but I can't sustain the super low carb thing.

Board index » Off Topic