Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Fuckin Amazon is too good. I get the package today, and instead of a slide hammer its a green aluminum sized small baseball bat.Wasnt going to wrk on the car today, but im pissed anyway. Put in a request for amazon to call me NOW, and not only do they call me within seconds, but they refund my money, let me order another slide hammer of similar price, and then waive the expensive next day arrival shipping charge. All in a 5 or 6 minute phone call.

Hate these muthafuckaz....they are too damn good at they job. Anyone want a green baseball bat?

I'm dying laughing...

"I'm clbs finest,the legend,the #1 man...I picked the most winners and that's wat my legacy will always be around here!" --King Moe

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Tip; Use blocks once you get it jacked under the frame (not a suspension armr some soft spot like a gas tank. lol..don't laugh...people do it. That would have saved a few lives for the unfortunate fools jacking up a car only to have it shift. Jack's footpads aren't the widest. Level solid ground as well.
Amazon is the bomb for auto parts. They are cheaper than some shops can get the shit themselves. I tried to show a local shop how to do it but they were dumb and happy to pay more, wait longer, and pass all the shit and inconvenience to the customer. So, they charge +15% just to put on 3rd parts.

Wheel bearings are a good job to do yourself because shops don't do it, charge you for doing it, and just throw some grease in the area enough to shut up the problem. WD 40 will shut it up for a few hundred miles and it takes 5 min to do but doing no good for what you need.

You got it. Its just dirty and sometimes gives some blood to the cause. Good and honest mechs are few and far between in my experience. Its just too easy to overcharge because normal peeps just don't have the tools or know-how. Besides, some things you can really fuck up costing you multiples of what you would have spent at the rip off shop. lol.

I've literally almost gone to jail a couple of times because of this shit. Just thinking about it gets my adrenaline going.

"I'm clbs finest,the legend,the #1 man...I picked the most winners and that's wat my legacy will always be around here!" --King Moe

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Fuckin Amazon is too good. I get the package today, and instead of a slide hammer its a green aluminum sized small baseball bat.Wasnt going to wrk on the car today, but im pissed anyway. Put in a request for amazon to call me NOW, and not only do they call me within seconds, but they refund my money, let me order another slide hammer of similar price, and then waive the expensive next day arrival shipping charge. All in a 5 or 6 minute phone call.

Hate these muthafuckaz....they are too damn good at they job. Anyone want a green baseball bat?

I'm dying laughing...

Bro. I almost lost it. My grandfather saw it and broke out laughing at me.

I think he's on a sex strike...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I'm dying laughing...

I want you to record you working on it so I can see you throw some tools across the room. Share your wheel bearing frustrations with us. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I'm dying laughing...

I want you to record you working on it so I can see you throw some tools across the room. Share your wheel bearing frustrations with us. :hearty-laugh:

:hearty-laugh: I'm not that type, but you know what, I have some standing cams and memory cards, so Ill set up two of them tomorrow when I do the job, and we'll see if I catch anything good :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Already fuckin up. Dont have a vise to hold the knuckle since I have to take the whole gd knuckle out to remove the bearing and hub. Gotta buy a vise tomorrow.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Already fuckin up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Already fuckin up. Dont have a vise to hold the knuckle since I have to take the whole gd knuckle out to remove the bearing and hub. Gotta buy a vise tomorrow.

Ay, order a vice from Amazon and let us know when the fried rice arrives. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ay, order a vice from Amazon and let us know when the fried rice arrives. :hearty-laugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: fuck amazon :lol:

I went and bought a 12 ton shop press today. Used all the tools that I bought....and end up taking both knuckles off, both spindles off, and both bearings out. But I broke one of two bearing retaining clips in the process, and I checked every fucking parts store in town and every fuckin honda dealership and the best I could get was wait til tomorrow and we'll have the part for you. So the front of the car is on stands til then. Otherwise shit was pretty text book. I brought Mad Titan to be an extra pair of hands.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I went and bought a 12 ton shop press today. Used all the tools that I bought....and end up taking both knuckles off, both spindles off, and both bearings out. But I broke one of two bearing retaining clips in the process, and I checked every fucking parts store in town and every fuckin honda dealership and the best I could get was wait til tomorrow and we'll have the part for you. So the front of the car is on stands til then. Otherwise shit was pretty text book. I brought Mad Titan to be an extra pair of hands.

LOL...how much did you spend on the shop press?

So...how much are you in for with all of the tools and what is your total savings from how much this would've cost had you just sent it to a mechanic?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

So...how much are you in for with all of the tools and what is your total savings from how much this would've cost had you just sent it to a mechanic?

Shop press 165
bearings and hubs 230
other tools 200
misc shit 40
= 635 cdn lets round that to an even $700.

At the cheapest shop around here would have run me $350 per bearing, and at honda minimum would have been $500. So I get $700, build the knowledge, the bearing and spindle removal tools, and a shop press that I will definitely find more uses for. I call that a steal.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Shop press 165
bearings and hubs 230
other tools 200
misc shit 40

At the cheapest shop around here would have run me $350 per bearing, and at honda minimum would have been $500. So I get $700, build the knowledge, the bearing and spindle removal tools, and a shop press that I will definitely find more uses for. I call that a steal.

Maybe you can use the shop press for some new sexual positions. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Shop press 165
bearings and hubs 230
other tools 200
misc shit 40

Maybe you can use the shop press for some new sexual positions. :hearty-laugh:

No lube like Matt Lauer!!!

Maybe not the shop press.....but the slide hammer????? Definitely!!! :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Honda fucked up, gives me the wrong ring, only to realize they had the right one all along.

Then I get the ring. Wake up today to put the bearings in. Realize rockauto sent me the wrong fucking bearings. Fuck my life. So now i have to send those back and buy from a local parts store. No fucking ride to the parts store.

Someone doesn't want me to fix this car.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Honda fucked up, gives me the wrong ring, only to realize they had the right one all along.

Then I get the ring. Wake up today to put the bearings in. Realize rockauto sent me the wrong fucking bearings. Fuck my life. So now i have to send those back and buy from a local parts store. No fucking ride to the parts store.

Someone doesn't want me to fix this car.

I'm not going to say anything.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

This is the best OT thread we've had in awhile. It's been very satisfying.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Its rarely straight forward unless you do it a lot. I don't.
Can o worms.
I often think about how long it will take and then I multiply what I think by about 5. :lol:
Then the 5 I know isn't just straight time because I am going to spend 2 weeks getting the right parts while my rig sits there like a trailer park project. :D
I don't do well starting and stopping either.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

There was even more BS, but i got it all done finally. Ran into issues with the lower ball joint. But its good now, no more front growling. Now i hear growling in the rear. :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
:hearty-laugh:

Once you get the rear quiet you'll hear a knocking just to find out you got mice living somewhere in a door panel. :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:hearty-laugh:

Once you get the rear quiet you'll hear a knocking just to find out you got mice living somewhere in a door panel. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Might just be the tires, so im swapping those today. But the rear bearings arent push ins, its easy work........said before it takes 3 days :lol: .

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Now i hear growling in the rear. :kopfpatsch:

Sounds like a job for the baseball bat :lol:

Board index » Off Topic