Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Showtime July 12th Card
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:07 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

At Las Vegas (Showtime PPV): Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Abner Mares vs. Jonathan Oquendo, 10 rounds, featherweights; Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Francisco Vargas, 10 rounds, junior lightweights; Johan Perez vs. Mauricio Herrera, 12 rounds, for Perez's WBA interim junior welterweight title; Tomoki Kameda vs. Pungluang Sor Singyu, 12 rounds, for Kameda's WBO bantamweight title; John Karl Sosa vs. Luis Bello, 6 rounds, junior welterweights

This is a pretty solid card. I actually think Canelo is going to win this fight, and he may not even need the judges' help. I think Lara is going to have to be on his toes for all 12 rounds and not get knocked down to win this fight and I'm not sure he can do that. If Angulo can get to Lara's chin, there's no doubt in my mind that Canelo can find it.

Oquendo seems pretty sure of himself in this fight against Mares. I don't know how confident I am in Mares anymore. I haven't read one thing about how his training is going or anything. I'm not a big Virgil Hunter guy.

I like the Juan Ma-Vargas fight. Vargas is all energy and throws a lot of punches and seems pretty tough. Goes to the body well. But, seems to lack some pop. Juan Ma just keeps plugging away. He really starched Ponce in his last fight. I've grown to like Juan Ma more since he's become vulnerable. He's definitely always in exciting fights. I think Juan is going to get a stoppage in this one because Vargas will try to mix it up with Juan and he'll get caught with that right hook.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:34 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Very solid from top to bottom. I got Canelo by pasting. Jamaican by ko and Herrera by UD.

Mares is a mystery to me as well. It seems like it's over for him so soon. I hope that's not the case.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
it looks decent on paper, but I cold see the Mares and Lopez fights being really good, possible show stealers. The main event is legit and a very critical, intriguing fight. so it definitely has a shot to be very good overall.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Very solid from top to bottom. I got Canelo by pasting. Jamaican by ko and Herrera by UD.

Mares is a mystery to me as well. It seems like it's over for him so soon. I hope that's not the case.

Juanma by ko. Fuck you spell check.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:24 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

it looks decent on paper, but I cold see the Mares and Lopez fights being really good, possible show stealers. The main event is legit and a very critical, intriguing fight. so it definitely has a shot to be very good overall.

Goddamn you are the biggest fucking whiner on earth.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:27 am 

Cash on hand:

This is a pretty solid card.

RealNameNoGimmicks wrote:
it looks decent on paper

so explain to me what is the major difference between what you said and what I said, besides the word ''paper,'' you stupid non-intelligent motherfucker.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Well its Mexicans vs. Caribbean/Afro-Latin night. What I don't like is its top notch Mexicans vs. second rate or washed guys. I expect a clean sweep for the Mexicans.

JuanMa is shot, him beating Ponce don't change that for me, I'm expecting Bandito the youngster to get that W. JuanMas confidence is back up, and like Burrow said Bandit could get caught , but I favor the other guy hope im wrong.

Mares will easily stomp that bum he's facing. If he can't beat him he needs to take his boxing equipment, put some gasoline on it, you know the rest.

Don't know much about the guy Herrera fighting , he has a few old but decent scalps on record. This is seemingly the next most evenly matched contest next to the main event.

And I got Cinnamon Toast crunching Lara for the win lol you like that one

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Well its Mexicans vs. Caribbean/Afro-Latin night. What I don't like is its top notch Mexicans vs. second rate or washed guys. I expect a clean sweep for the Mexicans.

JuanMa is shot, him beating Ponce don't change that for me, I'm expecting Bandito the youngster to get that W. JuanMas confidence is back up, and like Burrow said Bandit could get caught , but I favor the other guy hope im wrong.

Mares will easily stomp that bum he's facing. If he can't beat him he needs to take his boxing equipment, put some gasoline on it, you know the rest.

Don't know much about the guy Herrera fighting , he has a few old but decent scalps on record. This is seemingly the next most evenly matched contest next to the main event.

And I got Cinnamon Toast crunching Lara for the win lol you like that one

Oquendo is actually pretty talented. I'm actually picking him to upset Mares in this one.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

it looks decent on paper

so explain to me what is the major difference between what you said and what I said, besides the word ''paper,'' you stupid non-intelligent motherfucker.

You're ALWAYS fucking whining about cards....always. Fucking goddamn whiny fucking baby. Fuck you. I hope a bottle rocket explodes in your ass tomorrow.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Good card.

Golden Boy puts on the best PPV cards from top to bottom.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Oquendo is an underrated technician by my estimations. Tough one punch loss to Juan Ma six years ago--got clipped by a right hook basically on the back of the head. That's his only really bad beat. The Vazquez fight was tough and I think he just ran out of steam.

But he's a good boxer who moves well coming forward and is able to get off shots coming in and then slip and then land good body shots. His best punch is his left hook (Mares' kryptonite?). I think he's better defensively than Mares and he throws sneaky good punches on the inside as opposed to Mares who seems to throw shots with his head down and wings shots from too far away. Oquendo seems to me to be a better overall boxer technically and puts his shots together better.

For the gamblers out there, there is some good money to be made betting Oquendo. He's a pretty big underdog in this fight, and I don't see it that way at all. If you add everything up, it's worth betting. Mares has been inactive and had promotional/manager troubles; he has lost some confidence probably; switched trainers.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

it looks decent on paper

You're ALWAYS fucking whining about cards....always. Fucking goddamn whiny fucking baby. Fuck you. I hope a bottle rocket explodes in your ass tomorrow.

like I thought, you have no explanation, because both quotes are essentially the same, and I then went on to say it has the potential to be a really good card with 2 potential show stealing undercard fights and an intriguing, important main event. im praising the card. Only one here whining is you, whining about me whining when im in fact praising the card. Holy fuck are you dumb. No wonder those hicks broke straight through your front door, that only happens to morons like you.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

card seems good.

no idea who is going to win, cuz i dont watch enough anymore.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:56 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I was wrong. Card sucked. Oquendo looked like ass. Virgil Hunter ruined Mares. Juan Ma needs to retire. Don't know how much Vargas' stock really goes up from the win. Lara ran more than any fighter in recent memory. Canelo still has the same flaws. All these Latin fighters on one card and they stunk out the joint. I would've rioted had I been in that crowd.

Board index » General Boxing Chat