Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:39 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
If Floyd boxes from the outside he wins by shutout. We all know this. What we Don't know is if the first fight was a fluke cause Floyd didn't take him seriously enough. I think Floyd is going to be busier.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
if Floyd wants to win a shut out he would, like he did vs Canelo. He didn't box from the outside and shut Maidana out because Maidana didn't let him. So its really about whether Floyd can control Maidana enough to where he can comfortably box from the outside, and whether Maidana can force the issue and engage Floyd into more of a fight, like he did the first time. All this stuff about Floyd could've done this or that if he wanted to is bullshit. Motherfucker aint gonna risk his 0 in anyway ''for the fans.'' He just says those things whenever a fighter does a good job in not letting him get completely comfortable, ala Cotto and Maidana.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Maidana isn't suddenly the better inside fighter, and he can be beaten on the inside. Maidana is going to fight the same way he did before. Floyd will just deal with his aggression better, move better, throw more, keep him off with more body shots, and dog more on the inside.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
Floyd did great work on the inside, he had to, that's where a good portion of the fight took place. Floyd is the better, smarter, more technically sound fighter. If anyone is going to make adjustments and fight a better fight its going to be him, Maidana is going to fight the same fight and hope he does just a bit better, and hope the judges prefer what he does a bit more, and hope Floyd doesn't make any adjustments.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:28 am 

Cash on hand:

Maidana isn't suddenly the better inside fighter, and he can be beaten on the inside. Maidana is going to fight the same way he did before. Floyd will just deal with his aggression better, move better, throw more, keep him off with more body shots, and dog more on the inside.

Floyd makes adjustments better than anybody else and he does it during the fight. He don't wait for a rematch to do better. The moment Madaina began to slow his own pace around the 6th or 7th round is when Floyd started pulling away in the fight. Unless Madaina stamina unlikely changes it will be the same thing happen in the rematch. The only thing different from Floyd will be less shock and weariness he showed from the roughness of Madaina. The dude was crying the first half of the fight and not used to that shit.

The same ones saying it will be a shutout are the same ones who thought it would be the first time around.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Maidana is too rough a customer for it to be a shutout with this version of Floyd. If this was 2009 Floyd, maybe. Maidana will win 3 rounds, maybe 4. I think Floyd's best chance to shut him out is to go all out and just try to beat the shit out of him. Instead of trying to be all defensive when Maidana comes in, launch 2, 3 punch combinations, then move off to the side. Don't let Maidana get comfortable enough to walk in and then stop against the guard and throw. He may need to clinch less too, at least earlier on, unless he wants to eat more low blows and rabbit punches and have them scored by the judges and allowed by the ref.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Exactly. A more aggressive Floyd=a less aggressive Marcus. If Floyd puts 3 or 4 punches together and then clinches Mosley style , instead of just pot shotting and going into his shell with his back against the ropes, he could win easily.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
floyd wins 9-3

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't want to really bring this up because it feels tantamount to excuse making, but if that Miss Jackson shit did fuck with him going into the last fight, maybe he'll come in the ring feeling better about shit, sensitive ass dude smh.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
[quote="Jermzhi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm"]I don't want to really bring this up because it feels tantamount to excuse making, but if that Miss Jackson shit did fuck with him going into the last fight, maybe he'll come in the ring feeling better about shit, sensitive ass dude smh.[

Ehh, you know i;m a floyd guy, but i don;t think that had ANYTHING to do with the fight.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't want to really bring this up because it feels tantamount to excuse making, but if that Miss Jackson shit did fuck with him going into the last fight, maybe he'll come in the ring feeling better about shit, sensitive ass dude smh.[

Ehh, you know i;m a floyd guy, but i don;t think that had ANYTHING to do with the fight.

I don't want to think so. But I've seen many a sensitive dude down in the dumps over a bitch, and Floyd is a sensitive dude.

Board index » General Boxing Chat