Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Why the hate on GGG??
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
I don't get it. Never gets in trouble. Has an exciting style. Fought Canelo twice,beat him both times,but got robbed. Has the best jab in the sport. Isn't a 1 dimensional fighter. Can jab you to death or knock you out. Had Canelo on ice skates late in their 2nd fight twice. Probably gonna fight Charlo next,if Charlo doesn't chicken out. Is it bc he's European or white? He's great for the sport. He's old,but he clearly outboxed Canelo in the rematch. It was just bad judging is why he's not the champ anymore at 160. I would love to see that Charlo fight. I think GGG wants that fight. We'll see if Charlo does. GGG beats him easily in my opinion. Probably by knockout in 2nd or 3rd round.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its the hype machine that came with GGG that got peoples panties in a twist round these parts.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
I don't get it. Never gets in trouble. Has an exciting style. Fought Canelo twice,beat him both times,but got robbed. Has the best jab in the sport. Isn't a 1 dimensional fighter. Can jab you to death or knock you out. Had Canelo on ice skates late in their 2nd fight twice. Probably gonna fight Charlo next,if Charlo doesn't chicken out. Is it bc he's European or white? He's great for the sport. He's old,but he clearly outboxed Canelo in the rematch. It was just bad judging is why he's not the champ anymore at 160. I would love to see that Charlo fight. I think GGG wants that fight. We'll see if Charlo does. GGG beats him easily in my opinion. Probably by knockout in 2nd or 3rd round.

Gruber will address this with a 2 part series of posts. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:44 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Charlo will finish what is left of him

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

People dislike Golovkin because he got hyped as one of the greatest fighters of all time without ever beating anybody close to high quality. Then his fans regurgitated the bullshit narrative (invented by his promoter and trainer) that this was because good fighters were "afraid" to fight him when it was proved countless times that Golovkin's team intentionally low balled offers, or in the case of Andre Ward, threw in a catchweight demand at the 11th hour to kill negotiations. Golovkin was worth more money destroying bums, so that's what his team had him do for as long as possible. Once he finally stepped up in competition, he (unsurprisingly) no longer looked like a killer, or even very good. I thought he clearly lost the Jacobs fight and scored both Canelo fights a draw. I think between Golovkin's (extremely light) resume, and his performances once he finally stepped up in competition, he's one of the most overrated fighters of the last 20 years.

Bud Crawford, Mikey Garcia and Lomachenko have much better jabs than Golovkin currently. Kovalev was a contemporary with a better power jab too, before Ward took his soul (just like he probably would have done to Golovkin if his team allowed that fight to happen).

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I too thought Jacobs beat GGG. I scored the 1st fight for GGG easily. 1st fight was a robbery. I actually scored the 2nd fight, a close one, for Canelo.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

People dislike Golovkin because he got hyped as one of the greatest fighters of all time without ever beating anybody close to high quality. Then his fans regurgitated the bullshit narrative (invented by his promoter and trainer) that this was because good fighters were "afraid" to fight him when it was proved countless times that Golovkin's team intentionally low balled offers, or in the case of Andre Ward, threw in a catchweight demand at the 11th hour to kill negotiations. Golovkin was worth more money destroying bums, so that's what his team had him do for as long as possible. Once he finally stepped up in competition, he (unsurprisingly) no longer looked like a killer, or even very good.I thought he clearly lost the Jacobs fightand scored both Canelo fights a draw. I think between Golovkin's (extremely light) resume, and his performances once he finally stepped up in competition, he's one of the most overrated fighters of the last 20 years.

Bud Crawford, Mikey Garcia and Lomachenko have much better jabs than Golovkin currently. Kovalev was a contemporary with a better power jab too, before Ward took his soul (just like he probably would have done to Golovkin if his team allowed that fight to happen).

No

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Its the hype machine that came with GGG that got peoples panties in a twist round these parts.

What hype?? He is as advertised. Brutal power,exciting style,great jab and stamina. Yes,he plods and isn't athletic. Still a great boxer.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 pm 

Cash on hand:

Rewatch the Lemiuex fight. GGG's jab was staggering Lemiuex.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:32 pm 

Cash on hand:

Charlo will finish what is left of him

How and does Charlo really want that fight??

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:34 pm 

Cash on hand:

I too thought Jacobs beat GGG. I scored the 1st fight for GGG easily. 1st fight was a robbery. I actually scored the 2nd fight, a close one, for Canelo.

Yes,Jacobs surprised me after the knockdown. I thought he fought better against GGG than Canelo to me. I had GGG 7-5 in 1st fight and 8-4 in the rematch against Canelo. Jacobs,I think I had GGG only winning by a point.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

People dislike Golovkin because he got hyped as one of the greatest fighters of all time without ever beating anybody close to high quality. Then his fans regurgitated the bullshit narrative (invented by his promoter and trainer) that this was because good fighters were "afraid" to fight him when it was proved countless times that Golovkin's team intentionally low balled offers, or in the case of Andre Ward, threw in a catchweight demand at the 11th hour to kill negotiations. Golovkin was worth more money destroying bums, so that's what his team had him do for as long as possible. Once he finally stepped up in competition, he (unsurprisingly) no longer looked like a killer, or even very good.I thought he clearly lost the Jacobs fightand scored both Canelo fights a draw. I think between Golovkin's (extremely light) resume, and his performances once he finally stepped up in competition, he's one of the most overrated fighters of the last 20 years.

No

How did you score it?? I'm a GGG fan,but I thought Jacobs was gonna get the nod.

Board index » General Boxing Chat