Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wilder-Stiverne II
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
One more fight each. I want Wilder to go over there and demand a good 10-15 mil. One more fight with Wilder going over there to make the negotiation easier. To get Wilders value out. The fight cant happen state side, and I dont want them lowballing Wilder either. The lowball will be impossible if Wilder goes there and knocks out a UK heavy on a bigger cheque than 1.4 mil.

MOVE OVER CIARA, RUSSELL WILSON IS THE ELITE MEAT I NEED IN MY LIFE. I GET EXCITED THINKING ABOUT HOW ELITE HIS MEAT IS
(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

I'm clearly on the AJ side of things, but that claim was probably the most erroneous far fatched claim I've heard. They're roiding, so lets sign to fight them, so we can not fight, train and not get paid, so we can have bragging rights about attempting to fight the best. To even hint at the possibility, "justifiable skepticism", is disturbing.

But he has been getting paid, only for fighting bums. 3 Years WBC champ. I'll be skeptical until he fights someone.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I'm clearly on the AJ side of things, but that claim was probably the most erroneous far fatched claim I've heard. They're roiding, so lets sign to fight them, so we can not fight, train and not get paid, so we can have bragging rights about attempting to fight the best. To even hint at the possibility, "justifiable skepticism", is disturbing.

But he has been getting paid, only for fighting bums. 3 Years WBC champ. I'll be skeptical until he fights someone.

Dude. Theres fair skepticism. If you thinks its fair to think a guy selected two top opponents because of "inside info" of them juicing so that he could not fight and not get paid....well heres where youll have to let me off of the train, because thats just stark raving mad!

MOVE OVER CIARA, RUSSELL WILSON IS THE ELITE MEAT I NEED IN MY LIFE. I GET EXCITED THINKING ABOUT HOW ELITE HIS MEAT IS
(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
One more fight each. I want Wilder to go over there and demand a good 10-15 mil. One more fight with Wilder going over there to make the negotiation easier. To get Wilders value out. The fight cant happen state side, and I dont want them lowballing Wilder either. The lowball will be impossible if Wilder goes there and knocks out a UK heavy on a bigger cheque than 1.4 mil.

So going with this, lets go back to last week when Wilder said he'd gladly fight Whyte in the UK so long as he's guaranteed AJ being next. Hearn balked, and talked up Fury instead, who may or may not be 300+ right now.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Im with J. One more fight, say in April, then set up the fight for September.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America

So going with this, lets go back to last week when Wilder said he'd gladly fight Whyte in the UK so long as he's guaranteed AJ being next. Hearn balked, and talked up Fury instead, who may or may not be 300+ right now.

Austin, I;m with you on this. That to me is the perfect scenario. Wilder goes there, beats Whyte in front of the UK audience, and AJ next.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Eddie Hearn is an asshole. He gets boo'd at fights. I think that would be perfect. Hearn is just trying to over pinch Wilder into taking disadvantageous terms. But this is the likely direction of travel as is.

And this completely wrecks Chrisb's argument, because it wasnt Wilder balking at this idea, he's supporting it.

:lol: taking 2 fights because he knows they'll test positive....so he can brag about accepting the fights. While not getting paid for either one. Now I have heard it all!

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

If Hearn doesnt want to make the fight right away, and furthermore wants to dictate who and where Wilder fights next, wouldnt the most fair thing be to at least guarantee AJ afterward?? This is assuming he is interested in the fight.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dude. Theres fair skepticism. If you thinks its fair to think a guy selected two top opponents because of "inside info" of them juicing so that he could not fight and not get paid....well heres where youll have to let me off of the train, because thats just stark raving mad!

Ok maybe unfair, but it's the business of boxing, the most corrupt sport, so it's possible. A friend called me when the Wilder Ortiz fight was made saying it's the first time he can give Wilder credit for fighting someone, excited for the fight. I told him then 'the fight won't happen,' - don't know why but I just knew it wouldn't. I that justifiable skepticism haha.

Seriously though, I just want to see Wilder fight someone.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ok maybe unfair, but it's the business of boxing, the most corrupt sport, so it's possible. A friend called me when the Wilder Ortiz fight was made saying it's the first time he can give Wilder credit for fighting someone, excited for the fight. I told him then 'the fight won't happen,' - don't know why but I just knew it wouldn't. I that justifiable skepticism haha.

So do I. Its without doubt that he's had it easier than Joshua for a while. But hey, Wilder said he'd fight Whyte in the UK if he got Joshua next. Eddie Hearn needs to not fuck this up.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

So do I. Its without doubt that he's had it easier than Joshua for a while. But hey, Wilder said he'd fight Whyte in the UK if he got Joshua next. Eddie Hearn needs to not fuck this up.

Hearn's not known to be hard to work with. If Wilder's serious he has to be realistic, unlike demanding $7 million for Whyte.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Hearn's not known to be hard to work with. If Wilder's serious he has to be realistic, unlike demanding $7 million for Whyte.

I dont think thats an unfair number at all, I think its about right, Joshua got 20 mil for Takam.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

I hope we dont get into any nonsense where Joshua gets 40 mil to Wilders 5 mil. Lets get serious about making this fight.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hope we dont get into any nonsense where Joshua gets 40 mil to Wilders 5 mil. Lets get serious about making this fight.

See, this is exactly what I've been trying to steer the argument toward avoiding the whole time....because it seems like this is where the shit is headed. Joshua is without a doubt the A side. The Wlad win put him there. But he's not a fucking 80/20 A side to me. 65-35 widest. Point is they might offer Wilder some 5 or 10 mil on the old Floyd "you aint never made more than 5 mil before" argument, and then try to say that Wilder priced himself out. Wilder should be getting at least 15 mil for this fight.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm 

Cash on hand:

I dont think thats an unfair number at all, I think its about right, Joshua got 20 mil for Takam.

But he's still relatively unknown in the UK, and Whyte isn't filling stadiums. Wilder made $900K for Washington, so you'd expect him to jump at $3 million plus US TV for Whyte, especially knowing that a win will pretty much guarantee him $10 mill for AJ

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

But he's still relatively unknown in the UK, and Whyte isn't filling stadiums. Wilder made $900K for Washington, so you'd expect him to jump at $3 million plus US TV for Whyte, especially knowing that a win will pretty much guarantee him $10 mill for AJ

10 mil for AJ is low. Second best HW in the world. Im not settling for 3 mil just I only made 1 mil against washington when I'm going over the water to do this. The people love their boxing in the UK. Make a good undercard, promote it right, and it'll work. But giving Wilder 10 for AJ while giving AJ 40 is the kind of shit that stops fights from happening.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:54 pm 

Cash on hand:

For Whyte, Hearn is guaranteeing to pay Wilder 3 times what he has earned in any fight previous. What's the problem?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

For Whyte, Hearn is guaranteeing to pay Wilder 3 times what he has earned in any fight previous. What's the problem?

The problem is its not enough. These are different markets. Joshua wouldnt make (20 mil divided by 3) fighting in the US. x3 isnt the correct multiplier. Now, Hearn will lowball and will probably inevitably sweeten the pot. Thats just how businessmen do. But 3 times is not enough.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

The problem is its not enough. These are different markets. Joshua wouldnt make (20 mil divided by 3) fighting in the US. x3 isnt the correct multiplier. Now, Hearn will lowball and will probably inevitably sweeten the pot. Thats just how businessmen do. But 3 times is not enough.

We're talking about Whyte here not AJ, the markets not great. No-one's selling out stadiums and PPV'S for that fight. Smells like a duck to me. For Brezeale, Wilder'll be lucky to make half that. If he KO's your countryman Whyte in fashion he can name his price, it's a nobrainer

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

We're talking about Whyte here not AJ, the markets not great. No-one's selling out stadiums and PPV'S for that fight. Smells like a duck to me. For Brezeale, Wilder'll be lucky to make half that. If he KO's your countryman Whyte in fashion he can name his price, it's a nobrainer

I dont care about what he'd do in the states, thats cant be part of the argument, diff market like I said. One that can generate and afford to get Joshua 20 mil for Takam. I just dont like the multiplier. Like I said, if Joshua got 20 mil for Takam in the UK, Wilder shouldnt be getting only 3 mil for Whyte there. Its just way too low. Up the multiplier. Selling im as AJ's next opponent and a vicious KO artist, it will sell just fine.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Not to mention that, "name your price" isnt what will happen after the fact. They'll use the 3 mil against whyte as a justification to low ball him again.

Save those "well you only made such and such in your last fight" for true A side fighters. Like the Mays, Pacs of the world. AJ aint that yet, certainly not by accomplishment.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

So Wilder now gets a pass to refuse next ranked challenge because 'he's only being offered 3 times more than any previous purse'?? You can't compare the UK Whyte market to the AJ market. Looks like a duck.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

So Wilder now gets a pass to refuse next ranked challenge because 'he's only being offered 3 times more than any previous purse'?? You can't compare the UK Whyte market to the AJ market. Looks like a duck.

:kopfpatsch: Pay him properly and there will be no need to go down the road of irrationally accusing him of ducking. Its not complicated. You cant compare the US market to the UK market to the AJ Market. The AJ market is large. The US market is tiny. The UK market is in the middle. So pay wilder properly for that middle. 3 mil is trying to scuttle the fight. He's not some chump. He is the second best HW in the world and one half of the superfight, and is coming over the water. Pay him 5 at least.

(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

I use logic man. It sounds like a duck.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Use logic man. It sounds like a duck.

You want to justify underpaying the 39 win WBC HW champion to cross over the atlantic to fight a guy before fighting Joshua. The logic is not on your side of this. Joshuas resume is only better on the back of the Wlad win. Otherwise its not. So all this stuff about wanting to see Wilder fight someone, and him ducking is hog wash. He's fought only a bit less in highest end quality than Joshua...and basically that difference is Wlad. Far from enough to call him a ducker.

Im on team AJ, have been the whole time, and never thought Id find myself arguing for Wilder, but sure enough someone comes here with extreme AJ side views and here I am now.

(est Dec 4th)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » General Boxing Chat