Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:37 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
they were utterly determined for Joshua to fight a sloppy fat guy. they originally offered the fight to Luis Ortiz for less money than what they offered the far less dangerous and far less accomplished Big Druggie Miller.

I give Spence all the credit in the world for going to England to fight Brook. I'll crown him as the truth if he wins. I really don't see it though. I'm obviously cheering for Brook to wreck him, but from an objective lens as well I don't see Spence pulling it off. Let's see....

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
squash match at its finest.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:38 am 

Cash on hand:

they were utterly determined for Joshua to fight a sloppy fat guy. they originally offered the fight to Luis Ortiz for less money than what they offered the far less dangerous and far less accomplished Big Druggie Miller.

Here comes the Wilder propaganda crew cut the BS. They offered Ortiz 7 Million! Ortiz manager even admits his 'promoter' dropped the ball trying holding out for more but it's all very shady, Ortiz must be in the middle of a cycle or Al has him pinned for Wilder again.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I wanna know the ortiz story. Chrisb....post some proof man. Because i heard they lowballed Ortiz.

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:44 am 

Cash on hand:

im anti Wilder since he ducked Joshua but please continue.

i didnt see anything besides the initial report that they originally offered Ortiz more than a mil less than Miller. I'll gladly be willing to read any other article stating for a fact they offered 1 mil more than what they offered Miller. but i will say its pretty common at this point for every damn potential opponent of Joshua to claim they been lowballed. they actually came well enough for both Wilder and Miller but obviously we know the story there.

I give Spence all the credit in the world for going to England to fight Brook. I'll crown him as the truth if he wins. I really don't see it though. I'm obviously cheering for Brook to wreck him, but from an objective lens as well I don't see Spence pulling it off. Let's see....

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ya thats where i am. A mil less for ortiz is a fucking lowball. Pay him the same money...hell hes an ex champ and deserves more. Im not rating or watching a fuckin squash match like ruiz jr. I only just found out that the asshole has a son.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am 

Cash on hand:

I wanna know the ortiz story. Chrisb....post some proof man. Because i heard they lowballed Ortiz.

Here's Eddie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Eaz25NrTk&t=2081s

Here's a good summary of Jiminez interview on the boxing voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjSuE9MY1A

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 am 

Cash on hand:

Ya thats where i am. A mil less for ortiz is a fucking lowball. Pay him the same money...hell hes an ex champ and deserves more. Im not rating or watching a fuckin squash match like ruiz jr. I only just found out that the asshole has a son.

7 Mill is what Miller was offered. It wasn't a lowball offer. Jay Jiminez agreed this

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:55 am 

Cash on hand:

Here it is from the horses mouth.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcgZ0IXlmkk

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am 

Cash on hand:

6.5 for Miller. almost 7. no rounding up. :lol:

Ortiz deserves more than Miller.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 am 

Cash on hand:

6.5 for Miller. almost 7. no rounding up. :lol:

Ortiz deserves more than Miller.

Come on man, 7 million to fight for 4 belts at 41 yo - when AJ's been preparing for an Orthodox fighter. That's not low ball, he only got paid $500 K for Wilder fight. There's only two reasons Ortiz didn't take this, he's either in a cycle or Al threatened revoking his visa and packing him off back to Cuba. Word is Wilders next two fights have been set - Ortiz then Kowanacki

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 am 

Cash on hand:

from my understanding Ortiz wanted 10 they offered 7. 10 sounds reasonable given what Miller was gonna get. and Ortiz thought he had leverage considering he was the only credible fighter in the running. he was wrong.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 am 

Cash on hand:

its possible he was being steered towards a Wilder rematch anyway.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:05 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Either way, its a squash match not worth my time. Until or unless the top 3 are fighting each other, I just don't care.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Dude. I dont give a fuck who Jay Jiminez is. I dont even know who the fuck he is. Jermz watches boxing. Jermz says 7 mil for Ortiz is a fucking lowball. Ortiz is a top 5 fucking heavyweight. They should have been fighting him in the first place having not got the wilder fight. But they went for big babys fat cheating ass because they knew it was easier and that they could pay him less. That shit backfires....so they only pay him 500k extra???? Get the fuck out of here with that garbage.

If 500k extra was what hes worth...they would have went that route in the first place....its a fucking lowball. And it only reinforces the fact that joshua and wilder...both sides are doing dumb shit to fuck business up. Ive had enough of both of them.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:07 am 

Cash on hand:

Management greed or deliberate avoidance. From what Jiminez is saying Ortiz said yes to $5million - so his 'promoters' have screwed his family out their biggest ever payday. Whats he gonna get for a Wilder rematch, it won't come close. Thing is you have to question why the fuck Ortiz didn't speak out and make the decision himself, which leads me to think he's on the juice

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

All that tells me is Hearn is in the business of lowballing people.

Sorry. This is bullshit. Not watching anymore of AJ or wilders fights unless they fight top 5 guyz...or each other. They need to be boycotted.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:12 am 

Cash on hand:

Dude. I dont give a fuck who Jay Jiminez is. I dont even know who the fuck he is. Jermz watches boxing. Jermz says 7 mil for Ortiz is a fucking lowball. Ortiz is a top 5 fucking heavyweight. They should have been fighting him in the first place having not got the wilder fight. But they went for big babys fat cheating ass because they knew it was easier and that they could pay him less. That shit backfires....so they only pay him 500k extra???? Get the fuck out of here with that garbage.

If 500k extra was what hes worth...they would have went that route in the first place....its a fucking lowball. And it only reinforces the fact that joshua and wilder...both sides are doing dumb shit to fuck business up. Ive had enough of both of them.

Ok, because you say so, even when Ortiz own manager agrees it wasn't low ball. He got $500 K vs Wilder FFS! I'm sick and tired of debating finances, when the bottom line is they're all ducking AJ or trying to get an unfair advantage.

Lets see if this plays out to be a good business decision for Ortiz. I highly doubt it, but I know it'll be good for Haymon.

Last edited by Chrisb on Wed May 01, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Sorry. This is bullshit. Not watching anymore of AJ or wilders fights unless they fight top 5 guyz...or each other. They need to be boycotted.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I dont need to take that lousy information from Ortiz management. Its not even arguable that Ortiz is more valueable than Miller. Quite literally twice the fighter he is. But they offer the guy 5 mil? Sorry man. You believe whatever you like. You cosign Eddie Hearns bullshit.

Just because a guy never got 5 mil before doesnt make it a good offer. There is no point debating finances with you if you believe that trash.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:16 am 

Cash on hand:

One thing we can agree on. Although I'll still watch AJ beacuse it don't cost lol

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

One thing we can agree on. Although I'll still watch AJ beacuse it don't cost lol

Lol true i dont pay for any of this shit :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am 

Cash on hand:

I dont need to take that lousy information from Ortiz management. Its not even arguable that Ortiz is more valueable than Miller. Quite literally twice the fighter he is. But they offer the guy 5 mil? Sorry man. You believe whatever you like. You cosign Eddie Hearns bullshit.

Just because a guy never got 5 mil before doesnt make it a good offer. There is no point debating finances with you if you believe that trash.

You're off the mark Jermz. Ortiz got no belts and doesn't have a zero. He's not worth more than the undefeated AMERICAN Miller was for AJ's US debut, especially when giving him the added opportunity of catching AJ unprepared for a southpaw.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Chrisb wrote:

You're off the mark Jermz. Ortiz got no belts and doesn't have a zero. He's not worth more than the undefeated AMERICAN Miller was for AJ's US debut, especially when giving him the added opportunity of catching AJ unprepared for a southpaw.

Naw dude. Ortiz has done more. He's a former champ. Miller has a resume full of nobodies, and the only loss being to Wilder, a fight he was winning until he was stopped late. There is no argument where pedigree is concerned. Miller has never been a champ. Ortiz was the WBC Champ.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:35 am 

Cash on hand:

Chrisb wrote:

Naw dude. Ortiz has done more. He's a former champ. Miller has a resume full of nobodies, and the only loss being to Wilder, a fight he was winning until he was stopped late. There is no argument where pedigree is concerned. Miller has never been a champ. Ortiz was the WBC Champ.

I agree Ortiz is the better fighter and it's the fight true fans wanted, but that don't make him worth more financially when selling to the casuals

Board index » General Boxing Chat