Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:47 pm 

Cash on hand:

At the end of the day, people look back at the record books, what the judges say as the final verdict, but in boxing ever so often there's a great deal of controversy surrounding these decisions. Fighters take L's and their resumes are forever tainted. What's been boxing greatest robberies that shouldn't be forgotten?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:28 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: Puerto RicoPuerto Rico
Sweet Pea's bullshit draw vs Chavez. I had the fight for Pea 117-111. But leave it to Texas to fuck shut up.

Another one involving Sweet Pea was his loss to Jose Luis Ramirez. What a crock of shit that was. Pea beat Ramirez easier than he beat Chavez. But the fix was on since the WBC wanted to match Chavez vs Ramirez. That Sulaiman was one dirty fuck.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea that Chavez fight against Sweet Pea really stands out to me as I was just a kid and Pernell was one of my favorite athletes at the time.
Also the first Hopkins vs Taylor fight left a bad taste in my mouth. It was hard to watch, but I think Bhop did enough to keep his streak alive.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
it sucks, but Hopkins lost to JT. its like Juse always says, you cant go back looking to re-score rds after the fact. JT got schooled the last 4 rds or so, but I remember wanting to just walk out of Hooters because I had JT up like 7-1 after 8 rds. Then Hops came back and I thought he could KO him and needed to KO him. Then the fight was over and I tried to find at least 2 early rds I could change in order to have it 7-5 for Hops. Doesn't work that way. Hopkins was a disgrace for more than half that fight.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Hop made JT look bad in that right. JT won those first rounds from almost nothing. If Hop decided to throw more literally a round before, the refs give him the nod, but they werent giving him any credit for defensive mastery without throwing.

MOVE OVER CIARA, RUSSELL WILSON IS THE ELITE MEAT I NEED IN MY LIFE. I GET EXCITED THINKING ABOUT HOW ELITE HIS MEAT IS
(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:17 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

they werent giving him any credit for defensive mastery without throwing.

Its called a fight not some fucking ballet you Canadian hoebag. :lol:

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
This is an impossible thread to address and here is

Are you taking just the big fights? :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:13 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Floyd-Castillo was a bad call. Many people agree. And that's not Now when the Floyd hate is at an all time high lol. Back than when Floyd was an Arum puppet and no one gave a fuck about him, that's when I'm talking about lol. Many saw Floyd lose that fight outright.

Larry Holmes-Micheal Spinks II. Larry whooped Spinks that night. But the resentment to Holmes by them white judges was strong.

Terry Norris- Luis Santana. The first loss to Santana was by do when Norris "intentionally " hit Him on the back of the head. Luis faked the shot out of it and stole the fucking title. What's worse was the rematch. Again Norris gets dq'd but this time Norris hit Santana after the bell had sounded. Santana goes down and pretends to be knocked out. This fucker deserves an Oscar award for superb in ring acting. The icing on the cake? Santana gets a congratulations parade when he goes back home. You can't make this shit up if you tried.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Sweet Pea's bullshit draw vs Chavez. I had the fight for Pea 117-111. But leave it to Texas to fuck shut up.

Another one involving Sweet Pea was his loss to Jose Luis Ramirez. What a crock of shit that was. Pea beat Ramirez easier than he beat Chavez. But the fix was on since the WBC wanted to match Chavez vs Ramirez. That Sulaiman was one dirty fuck.

Spot on. Pea got fucked over 3 times if u add the Oscar fight as well

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Floyd-Castillo was a bad call. Many people agree. And that's not Now when the Floyd hate is at an all time high lol. Back than when Floyd was an Arum puppet and no one gave a fuck about him, that's when I'm talking about lol. Many saw Floyd lose that fight outright.

Larry Holmes-Micheal Spinks II. Larry whooped Spinks that night. But the resentment to Holmes by them white judges was strong.

Terry Norris- Luis Santana. The first loss to Santana was by do when Norris "intentionally " hit Him on the back of the head. Luis faked the shot out of it and stole the fucking title. What's worse was the rematch. Again Norris gets dq'd but this time Norris hit Santana after the bell had sounded. Santana goes down and pretends to be knocked out. This fucker deserves an Oscar award for superb in ring acting. The icing on the cake? Santana gets a congratulations parade when he goes back home. You can't make this shit up if you tried.

The Castillo fight is where folk score crowd noise and momentum vs rounds scored. Floyd pulled that one out. Norris was a fav of mine growing up. His attitude fucked him cuz he shoulda chilled out lol. Dude milked that shit tho.Holmes got robbed cuz they aint want Marcianos record broken by him and they resented him after Ali.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:16 pm 

Cash on hand:

I only saw the fight once, but I thought Sturm beat De la Hoya and Winky should've got the nod over Vargas.
I admit to having a biased opinion on Hopkins' fights, though I thought boxing was to be judged on 4 components mainly clean punches instead of building points by throwing more.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
^ Agree with Sturm DLH and Wright Vargas.

MOVE OVER CIARA, RUSSELL WILSON IS THE ELITE MEAT I NEED IN MY LIFE. I GET EXCITED THINKING ABOUT HOW ELITE HIS MEAT IS
(est Dec 4th)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The Castillo fight is where folk score crowd noise and momentum vs rounds scored. Floyd pulled that one out. Norris was a fav of mine growing up. His attitude fucked him cuz he shoulda chilled out lol. Dude milked that shit tho.Holmes got robbed cuz they aint want Marcianos record broken by him and they resented him after Ali.

The first Homles-Spinks fight wasnt a robbery on the cards itself. Larry didnt do shit in that fight. But from my understanding he was threaten not to win so yea it was a robbery but from other reasons. The rematch he whooped Spinks. He got robbed on the cars.

MIGUEL COTTO!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
its really hard to top Santa Cruz-Cassamayor. I had Cruz winning 10 rds with a KD.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:03 am 

Cash on hand:

Juse knew that one of you clowns would throw in the Castillio fight, that fight falls in line as the same thing as the Hopkins fight with JT. Now Juse has always agreed that the scores were complete bullshit. That part is true, had the scores been a one point swing for Floyd or even a split decision, people wouldn't have had such an issue with the fight, it would have gone down as one of those either way fights similar to how people view Hagler vs SRL. To this day you can't get 50 percent of the people to say that Hagler didn't win.

But Floyd vs Castillio was really an easy fight to score, even with both fighters getting point deductions. Juse has always said, go and find 7 rounds that Castillio won, you can't. Another thing that keeps getting missed, How do you score a round where one fighter loses the round but the ref takes a point from that fighter? - that is a 9-9 round not a 10-8.

Similar to the JT fight, all of Castillio's workrate was over the last portion of the fight, so the punch stat numbers are not relevant. Go look at the punch stats of the JT fight prior to round 8 and go look at the punch stats of the fight with Castillo up until the 8th round. Then look at how inflated the difference was the last portion of the fight. if fighter A has 7 rounds under the bag, it doesn't matter what the fuck Fighter B does in the last five rounds, without any knockdowns or brutal 10-8 rounds, the fighter still loses 7-5

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." Lou Duva

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bradley over Pac

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

its really hard to top Santa Cruz-Cassamayor. I had Cruz winning 10 rds with a KD.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That was some other worldly shit.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:51 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yea that was set up so Whine Manuel Marquez could win the LW champ of the world lol. What a joke.

Anyway Ima TBE fan but I always felt he lost that fight with Castillo. No matter how u guys try to spin it nowadays looking back, Castillo won that fight it was clear. He's still TBE cause the judges and many like house negro Juse and Huey Newton aneed feel he won, and 3 judges gave him the fight. My scoring was in line with Harold ledermans 115-111 card. And he did whip that ass in a rematch. But he lost that first one.

More clear robberies would be Tarver-Jones 1, Tarver-Glencoffe 1, Tarver-Harding 1 and Tarver-Hopkins and Tarver-Dawson 1 and 2.

Further Lennox was robbed against Holy but that's what he gets for clearly being bitch and wearing his cup so dam high. That was a disgrace that should have been called out.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am 

Cash on hand:

Toney, got robbed in both Griffin fights.

Board index » General Boxing Chat