Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post subject: Re: Wilder-Fury
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I hear Fury is donating his whole 8 mil purse to the poor.

Naw, fuck all that he black like me bullshit....im Team Fury. All hail the gypsy king!

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

I hear Fury is donating his whole 8 mil purse to the poor.

Naw, fuck all that he black like me bullshit....im Team Fury. All hail the gypsy king!

I was 100% Team Fury after the Kevin Johnson fight, then he goes AWOL after WLAD saying all this crazy stuff and seems to play the victim after the PED charge (although it was mainly his Dad spouting the victim stuff). This turns a lot of UK fans off him, and they weren't as loyal because they had the golden boy AJ coming up.

Then he makes the comeback and I'm thinking he's just in it for a payday, skeptical about the depression story and fight motivation. I really thought he was full of it tbh, but I'm happy to admit I couldn't have been more wrong.

I've never seen anything like that 12th rd undertaker moment, the look on Wilders face when he rose, and him rocking Wilder soon after. It was like a perfect metaphor for his struggle, couldn't have been scripted better, a true Rocky story. This latest gesture of donating his whole purse to the homeless just sets him apart. Now he's the peoples champ. Truly inspiring stuff, and why we're all boxing fans.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
https://www.boxingscene.com/referee-rei ... ue--134346

Interesting interview of the Ref of Wilder-Fury on why he let the fight continue.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 am 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
he let him continue because he beat the 10 count and wasnt wobbly upon returning to his feet. shocking stuff. :facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I thought that his thought process when he saw Fury go down was interesting. A lot of refs, as Aneed has correctly pointed out, would have jumped in and waved the fight off with how hard fury went down. If he had done that, would people have been in here arguing an early stoppage? I doubt it. That said, I wish more refs would count to 10 instead of just waving it off when a fighter goes down.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am 

Cash on hand:

I thought that his thought process when he saw Fury go down was interesting. A lot of refs, as Aneed has correctly pointed out, would have jumped in and waved the fight off with how hard fury went down. If he had done that, would people have been in here arguing an early stoppage? I doubt it. That said, I wish more refs would count to 10 instead of just waving it off when a fighter goes down.

few things: first, end always justify the means. Fury was well fit to continue and won the rest of the rd. 2nd, if a fighter is truly out of it he ain't coherently answering the 10 anyway so might as well make the full count. 3rd, circumstances matter. Ref, like any other sane person, knew Fury was up big. in that case, in the last rd, you correctly afford him every legal opportunity to continue. if Wilder was destroying him for 11 rds then dropped him hard in the 12th, i can understand the ref waving it off without a count. Fury earned the chance to survive and absolutely did so.

Bottom line is, no slow count happened. Fury wasnt afforded extra recovery time. Fury was fit to continue. Fury was robbed.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:32 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

few things: first, end always justify the means. Fury was well fit to continue and won the rest of the rd. 2nd, if a fighter is truly out of it he ain't coherently answering the 10 anyway so might as well make the full count. 3rd, circumstances matter. Ref, like any other sane person, knew Fury was up big. in that case, in the last rd, you correctly afford him every legal opportunity to continue. if Wilder was destroying him for 11 rds then dropped him hard in the 12th, i can understand the ref waving it off without a count. Fury earned the chance to survive and absolutely did so.

Bottom line is, no slow count happened. Fury wasnt afforded extra recovery time. Fury was fit to continue. Fury was robbed.

I agree with your statement. I am glad the ref handled it the way he did, but we know other refs in the same situation would have waved the fight off. We have seen it happen. I am glad it didn't.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 pm 

Cash on hand:

what Reiss did should be put on video and sent to every other referee in the biz to let them know this is how you do it. he even explained why he told him to walk to the side as opposed to the age old "walk to me" way. any brain scrambled man can still walk in a straight line. Change of direction for a brain scrambled person is harder, and had Fury stumbled even a bit the fight is waved off.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Wilder correctly calls Floyd out for being a hater :lol: lol he alos told Floyd to get married and settle down somewhere, you 40 something years old :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:11 pm 

Cash on hand:

Dude talks sense through these teeth...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKw4RFyf5c

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Wilder correctly calls Floyd out for being a hater :lol: lol he alos told Floyd to get married and settle down somewhere, you 40 something years old :lol:

Weak shit. Fuck marriage. You have all that money....and you gonna get married and entitle a bitch to half in an age where judges rippin up prenups?? Dont let your hate for Floyd blind you into cosigning some simp shit like that this Ice. You're above that kind of shit my nigga! :pimp: That's some broke sucka for love shit Ice! Floyd out here showin these young pimps out here to do the right thing and not love these hoes....and you throwing the penalty flag??? That's some pink list talk my dude :lol:

How do you know that a Nun got out of the wrong side of bed???

.....she has the Bishops shoes on!

Would be a fine thing if a top churchman was found sleeping with a grown woman!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Wilder says he wants to put on more weight for the rematch. His target is 245 but that's not gonna happen. I would like to see him in the 220's though.

Board index » General Boxing Chat