Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Fuck later, ill watch it while i'm at work.

here it is you motherfuckers

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
not quite on Jermz and others levels but i was always a huge Hopkins fan and swore up and down to the heavens that Hopkins would beat him. at the final bell, i knew for a fact he lost. that was a close but clear win for Joe.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm 

Cash on hand:

Hop scored a lucky bogus knockdown too. Would he score that twice? Also Lederman had Calzaghe the clear winner.

RJ i dont want to hear shit about Hop’s stamina when he was doing fucking pushups in between rounds against Pascal :lol: :kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch:

Calslappy would always slap Hop up. He would never let a black man beat him lol

I recall it being quite legit. But i'll rewatch later and have something fo yo ass!

Quote:
RJ i dont want to hear shit about Hop’s stamina when he was doing fucking pushups in between rounds against Pascal :lol: :kopfpatsch: :kopfpatsch:

:hearty-laugh: I was in the Arena when he did it, :lol: , trust me Hop was tired that next round!

Lmao no it was legit. But hop ain’t known for dropping fools, and if they fought 10 more times i dont think Hop would drop him anymore

Actually the fact that Roy also did makes me believe that out of 10 fights, Hop probably would have dropped him 5 or 6 times once per fight :lol: theres a pattern there.

Yea the pattern was he came out too hype to whip some brothers up in their own backyard cause they were talking shit. But he got caught slippin twice lol

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Look man Hop lost, many times. It’s what he does lol Calzaghe was perfect in the ring. Besides all Hop’s Ls he had some no contests too, always flopping around, he got bent over By Calzaghe, Joe Smith showed us the bottom of his shoes, and he did a stint in prison the white man been beating him lol fuck Hopkins.

See....this how we know we cant value your opinion in this one :lol: .....same way we cant take you serious when Andre name come up :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Look man Hop lost, many times. It’s what he does lol Calzaghe was perfect in the ring. Besides all Hop’s Ls he had some no contests too, always flopping around, he got bent over By Calzaghe, Joe Smith showed us the bottom of his shoes, and he did a stint in prison the white man been beating him lol fuck Hopkins.

See....this how we know we cant value your opinion in this one :lol: .....same way we cant take you serious when Andre name come up :hearty-laugh:

Lol I actually love Hop....and dislike him at the same time. Its crazy. I like his craftiness, techniques, the way he controls the action, distance, litte dirty tricks and mindgames, but at the same time hate his flopping for foul points, alot of the shit he says, and he threw my flag down and beat my favorite fighter of all time. It is what it is. I do know when he can’t control the pace or be the ring ge eral in there he is shit out of luck, like he would be with Calzaghe regardless of time or era.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Lol I actually love Hop....and dislike him at the same time. Its crazy. I like his craftiness, techniques, the way he controls the action, distance, litte dirty tricks and mindgames, but at the same time hate his flopping for foul points, alot of the shit he says, and he threw my flag down and beat my favorite fighter of all time. It is what it is. I do know when he can’t control the pace or be the ring ge eral in there he is shit out of luck, like he would be with Calzaghe regardless of time or era.

LIAR!!! :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

You're clearly unbiased :hearty-laugh:

Hopkins was still good when he was old, but clearly not great. Calzaghe beat a decent Hopkins, but not the best version of him. Who else gets credit for beating a 43 year old regardless of how special he was? Name one, I'll wait.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 pm 

Cash on hand:

You're clearly unbiased :hearty-laugh:

Hopkins was still good when he was old, but clearly not great. Calzaghe beat a decent Hopkins, but not the best version of him. Who else gets credit for beating a 43 year old regardless of how special he was? Name one, I'll wait.

top 10 P4P fighter. you're the only one throwing in the "version" argument as if anyone is saying Joe beat the brakes off of a prime Hopkins. Joe beat a 43 year old top 10 P4P fighter. key emphasis on "top 10 P4P." Thats always impressive to beat that caliber of fighter.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

I don't think Joe was a bum, but his resume is definitely not good for him to be considered underrated or passed over. Like I said he proved he was better than Pascal and Pavlik by beating old Hopkins and his best win is Kessler. Who cares?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:30 pm 

Cash on hand:

Hopkins p4p rating stems from his win over Trinidad and after it dropped from the Taylor fights the Tarver win boosted him back up some, but he fought Calzaghe 2 years later and was not an active fighter. Body of work rated him more than anything.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

You’re just a hater lol He made 21 defenses and unified the titles. His best WINS are Lacy, Kessler and Hopkins. The way he beat Kess and Lacy, and then went up a division to beat Hop and take his titles. And he would have beat any version of Hop. I stand on that. I’ve seen enough of Hop and his style to know what he struggles with and won’t beat.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:35 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
If you can't recognize any difference in a 43 year old Hopkins and a younger Hopkins then that's the 1st problem right there.

When did I ever say Calzaghe beat a prime Hopkins? What are you talking about?

2nd, no one ever said Hopkins was a shot fighter then. Where are you guys getting this stuff from?

Do you not remember what was being written about Hopkins vs. Pavlik? Boxing writers were literally writing Hopkins was in danger of getting seriously hurt. Remember the staredown Hopkins gave to press row after the win? Yeah, that was why. The subtext was if Joe beat Hopkins, that must have meant Hopkins was done. Then Hopkins spent the next few years proving that wrong.

So how did Hopkins continue to win you might ask (as your only argument that he was still a great fighter)? Its simply because he had so many attributes and intangibles.

Not only did he stay in tremendous shape while having no bad habits with drugs or alcohol, but he did everything fundamental exceptionally well. Distance, defense, and timing were his strongest points. Put that together with an iron chin and pretty much every trick in the book, from holding to keeping his chin tucked in his chest while strategically rushing in with his head after every right hand and one of the highest IQs in the sport, and you got a guy who can beat the B fighters as Pavlik, Pascal and Cloud were. I bet Dwayne Wade can still beat Lonzo Ball, but he can't fuck with Jason Tatum though.

In his 40s he won off craftines and skills, but that could only take him so far. When he was younger I saw few boxers with better stamina. The guy looked like he never got tired. Young Hopkins held only to frustrate and smother. Old Hopkins held to shorten rounds and pace himself. A skill he always had but served him especially well in his 40s. He absolutely couldn't keep pace without holding when he got up in age. That's the mark that made the biggest difference in all his losses post the Roy loss.

This dude right here is mocking someone thinking Hopkins was still great then writes an essay explaining why Hopkins was still great. I don't know what's happening.

You ready for this? This is going to blow your mind. Two things can be true at the same time. Hopkins can be past his prime, AND, still be a great fighter.

He still fought Calslappy to almost a draw and landed the sharper punches. Rewatch the fight if you can bare. He made Joe look sloppy and amateurish. Joe only won by pushing the pace and looking busier. It was a close fight and not some beating. That's a ridiculous statement.

"Calslappy," truly an objective point of view happening here. No one is saying it was a beating! This whole fucking post is just stating things I never said. It was a close/clear victory for Joe, anywhere between 7-5 to 9-3 type scoring, but most rounds close, so much closer than even a 9-3 score would indicate. I think I had it 115-112 (the clearest loss for Hopkins I saw since Roy, as I scored both Taylor fights for Hopkins). It was a fight between two Top 10 P4Pers, I'm not sure why Calzaghe is getting docked for not destroying Hopkins. That rarely happens at that level. I'm confused by a lot of what you're saying.

For me to not think greatly of Calzaghe's career as you do doesn't make me a racist. I don't even know why race was mentioned other than there's not a lot of Joe's around. :hearty-laugh:

Oh, are you addressing Ice while quoting me? Is this why I have no idea what you're talking about?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Hopkins p4p rating stems from his win over Trinidad and after it dropped from the Taylor fights the Tarver win boosted him back up some, but he fought Calzaghe 2 years later and was not an active fighter. Body of work rated him more than anything.

This is just not reality. He destroyed Winky 8 months before Calzaghe. He was inactive before Winky, which is why some people were picking Winky. Winky got destroyed, then the narrative became Hopkins was killing himself to make 160 and now at 175 (and 170), beating Tarver and Winky back-to-back, he was clearly still a Top 10 P4P fighter, not merely resting on past wins.

In retrospect, the Winky was win overrated (mostly due to the weight they fought at), but in real time the narrative was Hopkins was looking better than he had in years. And then he lost to Calzaghe, YES CLOSE BUT CLEAR, but that close but clear loss was the clearest loss he had in 15 years, and a lot of writers (and people that posted here) interpreted that to mean Hopkins must be done, hence the coverage leading up the Pavlik fight 6 months later, which was hysterics. People genuinely were worried Hopkins would die.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:09 am 

Cash on hand:

This is just not reality. He destroyed Winky 8 months before Calzaghe. He was inactive before Winky, which is why some people were picking Winky. Winky got destroyed, then the narrative became Hopkins was killing himself to make 160 and now at 175 (and 170), beating Tarver and Winky back-to-back, he was clearly still a Top 10 P4P fighter, not merely resting on past wins.

In retrospect, the Winky was win overrated (mostly due to the weight they fought at), but in real time the narrative was Hopkins was looking better than he had in years. And then he lost to Calzaghe, YES CLOSE BUT CLEAR, but that close but clear loss was the clearest loss he had in 15 years, and a lot of writers (and people that posted here) interpreted that to mean Hopkins must be done, hence the coverage leading up the Pavlik fight 6 months later, which was hysterics. People genuinely were worried Hopkins would die.

You keep mentioning what the so-called narrative was as if it's genuine proof of something. I didn't specify anything earlier towards you, but respond to all that you like. Calzaghe will never get the praise you desire and definitely not by beating 40+ old fighters. End of story.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 am 

Cash on hand:

that was a fun time. :rofl:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

that was a fun time. :rofl:

I do recall you and I being the only ones here saying he was going to beat the shit out of Pavlik, maybe aneed to, and Prime was gung ho on some RIP Hop shit. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

yup. :lol:

one of my top 5 favorite predictions of all time. right up there with Mosley-Margarito, which was like a poor mans version of Hopkins-Pavlik in terms of the majority assessment it received on this board.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

yup. :lol:

one of my top 5 favorite predictions of all time. right up there with Mosley-Margarito, which was like a poor mans version of Hopkins-Pavlik in terms of the majority assessment it received on this board.

:lol: WE lead that band wagon too!!! Although you were more resolute than me. It was shane finally ditching Jin that convinced me Margarito was in for an ass whuppin!!! :lol:

Board index » General Boxing Chat